Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantasy: The Dead God - Starfall

The Dead God

Some would call this time "The Calm Before The Storm."

To the average peasant, wanderer, or noble of ORB, it seemed a peaceful time. The necromancers in the north hadn't marched from the Shifting Swamps for years, The Sordid Empire and The Vatian Kingdom had come to an uneasy ceasefire, the demon cults had disappeared, and the Druids hadn't killed any hikers lately.

To a more discerning eye, one that could see beyond the physical aspects of the world, a true storm seemed to be brewing. Shadows of monsters have grown across the lands, becoming more bold and numerous day by day. The very stars seemed to be shifting, almost as if tense and waiting for something specific to happen. The minds of the very people had turned inward with no great threat to unify them in a common cause.

The world outside those few carried on, not knowing the shadow of a great threat lay over them.

It was only a matter of time before the rain hit, and by then, it may be too late.

Discussion Thread And Game Info Link: http://www.40kforums.com/vb/showthre...d-(Discussion)

How To Play

Last edited by Solus; 18th October 2017 at 17:07.
    - Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Players:

Architech

Lexius87

Psychedelic Lictor

General 40

SGS

TheOneLogician

Undutchable

Inactive Characters

Larks "Selling dead rats at the Chasm"

Cave Hobo "Killed by a Blood Mage of Lex proportions"

DrakonTheNightLord "Esploded into Hunters"

ThatFatGuy "Studying in the Necromancer's Guild"

Last edited by Solus; 9th October 2017 at 19:26.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like

@Architech @DrakonTheNightLord

Baron

@Lexius87

Isabelle

@Psychedelic Lictor

Lavana

@Thatfatguy

O'Mors Levate

@General 40

Azura

@SGS

Vivian

@marshall larkin

Ham Wizbiz

@theonelogician

Halat Shazak

@Cave Hobo

Throsam Earthbraid

Last edited by Solus; 29th June 2016 at 22:10.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Azura smiled softly back at him, she felt something die inside of her as she did so, but she would make up for it later "well it is a rather cold night to be drinking by my self" she said in a feigned shyness. It occurred to her she could tear his arms off when he was dead, then take one home with her... "it's a cold night to be sleeping alone too" she smiled and looked down, acting like a shy school girl might, in truth she was forcing her self not to laugh.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Throsam puffed on a rather fat cigar. The best way to chill the fumes in his heart was to bring fumes to his lungs. He'd grumble softly to himself, knowing that Campton's words held wisdom. Sal was going to pay, in due time. At that, Throsam snatched up the bounty on Soyon the Sharp. "We'll see how sharp you are, murderous knife ear.." he shook his head, and then looked to the board once more, brow quirked, "Perhaps I'll pay the tax evader a visit on my way back from this job.." he took note of the smaller bounty before shoving off.

First thing first, visit the City Guard, get some information on the fool's murders.. perhaps swing by the Broken Fist on the way and see about making some extra pocket coin.

((Is it possible to take multiple bounties at once? If so I'd have Throsam go to the Tavern and rough up the Tax Evader first, then proceed on with the bigger bounty. If not, He'll just head to the City Guard))

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Cave Hobo View Post
    ((Is it possible to take multiple bounties at once? If so I'd have Throsam go to the Tavern and rough up the Tax Evader first, then proceed on with the bigger bounty. If not, He'll just head to the City Guard))
    Yes you can! Stock up if you want to.

One thing you notice as you snatch the bounties off the board, is another identical paper seems to replace them instantly so multiple people can track a bounty.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Hastur, do not play too long, we have errands to run.

Put out a small bowl of bone powder on the left. Place my ritual knife on a cloth in front of me. Fold the cloth over the knife from both sides. Sit cross legged, facing the door. The room is to be dark except for the one candle in front of me that will be lit after the person comes in. Sit, eyes closed, and wait.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isabelle loved this moment.
    Seeing her target disheveled, scared and confused turned him into one of the things she hates most....a victim.
    She tracked this fool for so long and so far just to see this scene, to remind herself of what she once was and what she'll never again will be.

Isabelle smiled to herself.
    You could almost say what's going to happen here is cathartic.

"Let's stop running and wasting our time shall we, mister Tucker?"
    She gets up and reveals herself as she Blood Channels her mark.
    "Some of us have more important things to do then run through the wilds like an animal.
    Why don't you just give up and surrender and save some of your dignity hmmm?"

-reveal myself!
    -while target is surprised, Blood Channel!
    -if he tries to run(either towards me or away from me) BLOOD SPEAR!

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Halat looked at one of his few friends, then sighed and shook his head. "I'd love to Robbert, but Keila and Syra begged me to get them some more of those Dramask seeds from Makali, and you know that if those seeds aren't pulled from the ground and planted by sunset.... Besides, Jonathyn's probably still mad that the two of us got his good knife from him two months ago, and you remember what he said about me..." Halat sighed and looked off into the distance. "I wish I could, but I made a promise to the twins, and, besides you and your parents, they're everything to me."

Well, almost everything. Softly, so softly that Robbert couldn't have heard it even if he had the ears of a werewolf, Halat muttered, "Dlagash nanhoc El'Tarok."

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Who bares the blade in the Abode of the Chosen?

Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lavana felt the surge in her vampiric blood at the thought of a hunt, and a twisted smile danced upon her lips. She wanted to be sure of what had the human spooked. They were superstitious beings after all.

-use short sword to carve a sigil into one of the chunks of meat - el'tarok shorthand/sign for puppy
    -rearrange the meat into a spiral
    -bathe in a nearby stream to reduce chance of being scented
    -hide up and tree and see what's afoot

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    O'Mors grinned, showing blackened gums. 'I come to learn the arts of the Necromancer, I have dabbled in the art but know that true knowledge yet alludes my grasp.'

The dwarf looked at the horse, then back at the hooded figure.

'Your art far exceeds my own, I believe that there is much I could learn here, and mayhaps some I could teach you, though I would be fooly to believe that was the case.'

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Yeah, yeah. Give me a moment..." Vivian slowly freed herself from the comfortable confines of her bed, finding with some amount of joy that she never actually took off her robes and therefore saved herself the trouble of putting them back on. She pat Sam on the head as she crossed the room and retrieved a brush to comb her hair back into a semi-manageable form.

Happy that she'd finished enduring the daily self torture of working the knots out of her hair, Vivian waved Sam towards the door, "Come along, brother. We shall go see whatever it is Father wants from us today."

'And figure out why you're so...lively.'

-Let's go see what the old man wants.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ham looked around at the ork. In a calm voice he says"yes?"

The plan now is to convince garr that it's a good thing, the lady's love an work with fkajr. Tell him in won't charge him extra for the colour switch and he is very welcome.
    But now he owes me one. Then I will casually grab the rat ques and had off yo and the lady in vatia. Look at her rat problem and say eesh... That's a big problem that'll be at leas 30 gold.

Should gar try and fight me, I will use my loot to make his tusks son large he falls under their weight and only put them bback to normal when he says "thank you mr wizbiz, I do so love purple" then head off to vatia

Lexius87: "No Larks, I will NOT leave the country on one of your whims"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    Who bares the blade in the Abode of the Chosen?
    "Jumpin' Larbs on a pile of fat! Your talkin' in my head!"

Marnett took a moment to compose himself and slowly sheathed his knife.

"Here to meet with the ghostkin, they say he can help me find someone." He jingled the purse at his side to prove he had the coin to pay for the services, and feeling rather silly for talking to a chicken...snake?

Formerly Silas

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Rejoice, eyeblight. In your last hours above the earth, those who bury you will finally make you beautiful.

Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hastur scampers off, leading the man to the entrance, pecking the door twice to indicate he should enter.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

17. Like Solus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha, awesome

Baron hears the approach and the signal. He then darkens the room and becomes very still. Only the faint light of spirits, most likely complete unseen by this newcomer, still played across the interior of the hut. As with so many before him, the man would enter. The door would shut, and the man would startle. The candle would then light as he looked back to the door. The familiar hissing sound of the fire being born would bring the man before the spirit seeker. It was one part theatrics and 2 parts necessity. The man's unease would lend itself to the spells better, it would give Baron a clearer window by which to help the lost find his way...and it would put all the power on his side should there be a need.

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Azura smiled softly back at him, she felt something die inside of her as she did so, but she would make up for it later "well it is a rather cold night to be drinking by my self" she said in a feigned shyness. It occurred to her she could tear his arms off when he was dead, then take one home with her... "it's a cold night to be sleeping alone too" she smiled and looked down, acting like a shy school girl might, in truth she was forcing her self not to laugh.

Azura

Originally Posted by Cave Hobo View Post
    Throsam puffed on a rather fat cigar. The best way to chill the fumes in his heart was to bring fumes to his lungs. He'd grumble softly to himself, knowing that Campton's words held wisdom. Sal was going to pay, in due time. At that, Throsam snatched up the bounty on Soyon the Sharp. "We'll see how sharp you are, murderous knife ear.." he shook his head, and then looked to the board once more, brow quirked, "Perhaps I'll pay the tax evader a visit on my way back from this job.." he took note of the smaller bounty before shoving off.

First thing first, visit the City Guard, get some information on the fool's murders.. perhaps swing by the Broken Fist on the way and see about making some extra pocket coin.

Throsam

Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    Isabelle loved this moment.
    Seeing her target disheveled, scared and confused turned him into one of the things she hates most....a victim.
    She tracked this fool for so long and so far just to see this scene, to remind herself of what she once was and what she'll never again will be.

Isabelle smiled to herself.
    You could almost say what's going to happen here is cathartic.

"Let's stop running and wasting our time shall we, mister Tucker?"
    She gets up and reveals herself as she Blood Channels her mark.
    "Some of us have more important things to do then run through the wilds like an animal.
    Why don't you just give up and surrender and save some of your dignity hmmm?"

-reveal myself!
    -while target is surprised, Blood Channel!
    -if he tries to run(either towards me or away from me) BLOOD SPEAR!

Isabelle

Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    Halat looked at one of his few friends, then sighed and shook his head. "I'd love to Robbert, but Keila and Syra begged me to get them some more of those Dramask seeds from Makali, and you know that if those seeds aren't pulled from the ground and planted by sunset.... Besides, Jonathyn's probably still mad that the two of us got his good knife from him two months ago, and you remember what he said about me..." Halat sighed and looked off into the distance. "I wish I could, but I made a promise to the twins, and, besides you and your parents, they're everything to me."

Well, almost everything. Softly, so softly that Robbert couldn't have heard it even if he had the ears of a werewolf, Halat muttered, "Dlagash nanhoc El'Tarok."

Halat

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Lavana felt the surge in her vampiric blood at the thought of a hunt, and a twisted smile danced upon her lips. She wanted to be sure of what had the human spooked. They were superstitious beings after all.

-use short sword to carve a sigil into one of the chunks of meat - el'tarok shorthand/sign for puppy
    -rearrange the meat into a spiral
    -bathe in a nearby stream to reduce chance of being scented
    -hide up and tree and see what's afoot

Lavana

Originally Posted by Thatfatguy View Post
    O'Mors grinned, showing blackened gums. 'I come to learn the arts of the Necromancer, I have dabbled in the art but know that true knowledge yet alludes my grasp.'

The dwarf looked at the horse, then back at the hooded figure.

'Your art far exceeds my own, I believe that there is much I could learn here, and mayhaps some I could teach you, though I would be fooly to believe that was the case.'

O'Mors

Originally Posted by SGS View Post
    "Yeah, yeah. Give me a moment..." Vivian slowly freed herself from the comfortable confines of her bed, finding with some amount of joy that she never actually took off her robes and therefore saved herself the trouble of putting them back on. She pat Sam on the head as she crossed the room and retrieved a brush to comb her hair back into a semi-manageable form.

Happy that she'd finished enduring the daily self torture of working the knots out of her hair, Vivian waved Sam towards the door, "Come along, brother. We shall go see whatever it is Father wants from us today."

'And figure out why you're so...lively.'

-Let's go see what the old man wants.

Vivian

Originally Posted by marshall larkin View Post
    Ham looked around at the ork. In a calm voice he says"yes?"

The plan now is to convince garr that it's a good thing, the lady's love an work with fkajr. Tell him in won't charge him extra for the colour switch and he is very welcome.
    But now he owes me one. Then I will casually grab the rat ques and had off yo and the lady in vatia. Look at her rat problem and say eesh... That's a big problem that'll be at leas 30 gold.

Should gar try and fight me, I will use my loot to make his tusks son large he falls under their weight and only put them bback to normal when he says "thank you mr wizbiz, I do so love purple" then head off to vatia

Ham

Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    haha, awesome

Baron hears the approach and the signal. He then darkens the room and becomes very still. Only the faint light of spirits, most likely complete unseen by this newcomer, still played across the interior of the hut. As with so many before him, the man would enter. The door would shut, and the man would startle. The candle would then light as he looked back to the door. The familiar hissing sound of the fire being born would bring the man before the spirit seeker. It was one part theatrics and 2 parts necessity. The man's unease would lend itself to the spells better, it would give Baron a clearer window by which to help the lost find his way...and it would put all the power on his side should there be a need.
    @DrakonTheNightLord

Baron and the Bird

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    OH FUCK WHAT IS THAT! one of the many spirits said, but it was quieted by the rest. Baron simply stared at the man, reading him, looking for some sort of...oh my god it's leaking!

"Hold your hand out before me," once he has done this, pluck a feather from Jamboo. When Jamboo makes a sound that distracts the man, use the distraction to cut the man's hand, and then begin casting 'Last Moments' with the eye. If the man screams or complains..."Shhh, you scare the spirits away with your squawking, plus you make Jamboo more upset."

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Azura genuinely giggled happily, this was so easy, she went with the fool, he would never know until the last minute...

Opt for biting his neck during the foreplay, preferably put my hand on the back of his head to force his chin over my shoulder kind of technique and aim for the windpipe so he can't scream, make it quick and clean, no need for noise. Also if I have time (and their is no need to escape) loot his body and house, a girl has to make money

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.