Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Apparently it works great. I wonder if father already experimented with the offensive applications of this spell?"

Vivian approached the glow slowly, putting faith in her bone shield to hold back a surprise attack. She paused by the wounded O'mors, "Father would be disappointed if I didn't look into this. However, you have no such responsibility if you do not wish to join me. You have completed your end of the bargain, I'm sure he will award you justly for a job well done."

-Cautiously investigate the glow. Preferably while bone shield is still active in case I luck out and it's a physical trap of some sort.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    - Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    O'Mors rips the bones from the creature and wraps bone armour around himself, he then grunts at the woman he's with.

'I never leave a job half done' he states, before following her towards the glow.

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by SGS View Post
    "Apparently it works great. I wonder if father already experimented with the offensive applications of this spell?"

Vivian approached the glow slowly, putting faith in her bone shield to hold back a surprise attack. She paused by the wounded O'mors, "Father would be disappointed if I didn't look into this. However, you have no such responsibility if you do not wish to join me. You have completed your end of the bargain, I'm sure he will award you justly for a job well done."

-Cautiously investigate the glow. Preferably while bone shield is still active in case I luck out and it's a physical trap of some sort.
    Originally Posted by Thatfatguy View Post
    O'Mors rips the bones from the creature and wraps bone armour around himself, he then grunts at the woman he's with.

'I never leave a job half done' he states, before following her towards the glow.

O'Mors and Vivian

Last edited by Solus; 21st March 2017 at 16:04.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    O'mors spots the tome and quickly looks around, before making a beeline for the ancient knowledge, instantly intrigued.

Knowing what dicks ancient magic users were he carefully approaches it, checking for any obvious traps, even on the roof, especially on the roof.

He then checks the tome in a similar manner, before finally opening it to read.

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    He then checks the tome in a similar manner, before finally opening it to read.
    Your innate connection to the dark arts suggests you should take some time to prepare yourself mentally before just opening a book this powerful...

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Your innate connection to the dark arts suggests you should take some time to prepare yourself mentally before just opening a book this powerful...
    O'Mors prepares himself rigorously.

then opens the tome, KNOWLEDGE!

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Vivian had a bad feeling about the book, but none the less she knelled next to the dwarf and began to focus on mental defense exercises she had been taught, and more often those she had developed to help her go through her father's library. While one necromancer may be overwhelmed by the power within the tome, two necromancers working together may be able to handle it. And she refused to leave an ally in need.

-Get ready to study the book!
    -As for a few weeks of plans. Just studying under my master. Doing random tasks as he asks, and taking naps between. Maybe go find someone in the scythes faction to help me work on my staff fighting skills. Want to kick ass when I create a magical staff. They'll be all like 'oh, the necromancer must be weak at close range' and then I beat them with a heavy stick.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Step 1: Read some of the tome
    Step 2: Take book to library
    Step 3: eat, drink, and do other bodily needs as neccessary
    Step 4: Read tome
    Step 5: Cross Reference tome
    Step 6: ???
    Step 7: Profit

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    And with that begins our montage. I'll be trying to spend extra time to write out a solid amount of upgrades to choose from and will go one-by-one through you guys and you'll be able to choose your new goodies (some things will be chosen for you.)

Good luck on your rolls and may the dead god smile on you.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, i'm still finishing those updates. Working two creative jobs and 12 hours days for 4 out of 5 nights a week is kinda killing my ability to creatively think right now. I've got one week left of craziness and then hopefully things will settle and I can get back to it.

Thanks for your patience.

Formerly Silas

12. Thanks Psychedelic Lictor thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Solus,

No worries mate! Just FYI: I'll be going on holiday from 17-27 April, so if there is an update for Nekslag between then, know that I probably wont answer until my return.

Good luck with the jobs and the updates!

And shepherds we shall be,
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    Our Feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back to the world of ORB, the stars are shining and the characters of the land have grown in power. The following tabs include upgrades for you to choose from and will contain hints towards your next update and may even EFFECT the update to come! Choose wisely and have fun

If you have any questions, let me know.

Step 1: Read some of the tome
    Step 2: Take book to library
    Step 3: eat, drink, and do other bodily needs as neccessary
    Step 4: Read tome
    Step 5: Cross Reference tome
    Step 6: ???
    Step 7: Profit

O’Mors

-Get ready to study the book!
    -As for a few weeks of plans. Just studying under my master. Doing random tasks as he asks, and taking naps between. Maybe go find someone in the scythes faction to help me work on my staff fighting skills. Want to kick ass when I create a magical staff. They'll be all like 'oh, the necromancer must be weak at close range' and then I beat them with a heavy stick.

Vivian

Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    1. Get the boys settled

Stuff that will be addressed next update

Baron

Originally Posted by undutchable View Post
    Apart from chasing up leads, chat with my comrades and my informants (if I have any?), occasionally listen to the general gossip in a tavern here in there in the City, maintain my battle training and invest some serious time in trying to level up my Divine Powers.

Nekslag

Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    Halat accepts the old man's offer, but tries to send a note to his sisters and adoptive family, letting them know he is safe, but needs to do something. He promises to be back before Harvest time.

(Note: Technically, Halat's adventure has only been a single night.)

Halat

Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    I guess laylow, try and work off that blood oath thing I made for information the other day as well. After that a contract or two, between those train by fighting the other voices in my head, brushing my hair and getting a manicure, you can't lure people to their deaths if they notice a chipped nail you know Maybe go shopping for bread and new armor to see what is available, the bread will come in handy for luring victims, it sounds silly but if you walk in to a stranger and accidentally drop your bread to the ground, you now have a conversation starter, if the intended victim is a nice person they will be easily lured to their death, simple If they don't care about your bread then eh, I'm a vampire so it's not like I'm going to be upset about the waste of food

Azura

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Lavana will take the time meditate and train with her blades, wondering about the power she believes dormant in the mystery sword.

For money, as she is running low, she offers her services to the local guards as a roving ranger to pick off isolated undead or very small groups of weaker beings outside of the walls, bringing trophies back as proof. She will also feed on isolated travellers she comes upon in the night, taking their stuff and alerting the guards that she was too late to save them from whatever creature befell the victims. She will of course return the property they were carrying to the guards...minus any trinkets or easily pocketed gold.

If things get desperate for food, she will frequent the other side of the town, away from her tavern base, and find any loners staggering home after an all-nighter of drinking. Relieving them of their valuables, and mutilating the body with a cheap dagger to hide bite marks.

Lavana

Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    "well first i'm going to order a nice drink" isabelle says with a wink.
    "Then i'll probably do some paperwork"

-practice mah magics and because you mentioned it research the fam!

Isabelle

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OOC: What does the ring of disguise do specifically? I imagine I can take a different appearance?

- Boots of Leaping
    - Ring of disguise

Potence II(Vampire): Strength, Speed, and Dexterity is increased due to the curses power flowing through your veins. Recent feeds have truly increased your strength to great heights

Vampiric Resistance I: The sun bothers you less now. But still burns like hell.

Yay for less sun burn

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    sticking as close to the rp plan as possible...

1. Stick

2. BBV, Rit: SS, Rit: GFT

3. MP3

Ask The spirit fellow if he sees any real benefit for me and my life as planned from joining.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Goody! Upgrades!

Spell/rituals:
    1. Lich Touch
    2. Ghullguard
    3. Create Phylactery (Deadly Ritual)

Benefits:
    1. Magic Power (Level 3)
    2.Deathless Vigor
    Book of Ghull (Free Passive). Unless this takes up a choice. In which case, take Book of Ghull over Deathless Vigor.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Halat will take Empowered Abyssal Strike, Magic Power Level 2, and Arm of Brackthar.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lavana will take the ring, and the throwing daggers (I am right in thinking the necklace is just purdy, but lacks any magic, least as far as she can tell?); potence II, and silver-tongue II (was torn on this over wolf hunter, but she isn't seem strong enough right now to solo a wolf hunt so will just wait and see if it comes up later).

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    OOC: What does the ring of disguise do specifically? I imagine I can take a different appearance?
    Part of the fun is not knowing

Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    sticking as close to the rp plan as possible...

Ask The spirit fellow if he sees any real benefit for me and my life as planned from joining.
    Well, as a member of the council.. he seems to think so. Plus, uber ghostkin buddy.

Goody! Upgrades!

Book of Ghull (Free Passive). Unless this takes up a choice. In which case, take Book of Ghull over Deathless Vigor.
    Nope, it's free! Enjoy.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Lavana will take the ring, and the throwing daggers (I am right in thinking the necklace is just purdy, but lacks any magic, least as far as she can tell?); .......

(was torn on this over wolf hunter, but she isn't seem strong enough right now to solo a wolf hunt so will just wait and see if it comes up later).
    Part of the fun is not knowing.

And potence II is pretty uh potent. Along with wolf-hunter, one "normal" in one-on-one combat should be doable. More so if prepared for. However, Lavana's silver tongue has been of great use so far... so choices choices!

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Well, as a member of the council
    biased motherfucker...

Take the test, but if it is followed by an immediate request, inform them that I will return once my current work is complete.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!