Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Sorry for the delay, find some kind of official way on to the boat, as a worker or something, preferably at night

Azura

Originally Posted by undutchable View Post
    “This is disturbing news indeed Knight-Captain. Nonetheless, my respect to Master Gracander for unearthing so much information for us to take action upon. By your leave Knight-Captain, I will look into Golivard.”

Nekslag

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Even vampires have to go shopping:

Lavana adopts her guise as an El'Tarok prospector looking for exotic antiques. She prolongs her schedule a while and takes two or three days to wander the shopping corners - the lavish as well as the dark and seedy - keeping an eye out for anything unusual or magical that piques her fancy. On the hunt for general upgrades for most of her gear, but in particular:

Body armour - lightweight that won't impede her stealth, and concealable (until close inspection) beneath a tunic or similar to allow her to continue to blend in as a civilian.
    Silvering the mystery sword.
    Two cloaks (One dark outer, scarlet red lining, the other white with scarlet lining)
    More silver throwing knives (because a girl can never have too many)

She will hint that should gold not be enough, she has talents that could be put to good use to pay in kind.

The main reason for taking longer than she planned though, in quieter moments, Lavana finds herself drawn to the El'Tarok quarter and gaze on from afar, memories of her childhood, her training with her mentor ghosting through her mind. Despite herself, feelings of curiosity, whimsy, and desire drift out the outer reaches of her consciousness, though she retreats if she feels herself lingering too long, hurrying back to an inn.

Lavana

Originally Posted by SGS View Post
    "Yes, father." She bowed at the waist and turned towards Goland. "A pleasure to see you as well, Mr. Goland. I regret to say I have not come across any spirit that might be worthy of your experiments, not that it will stop me from searching. Now then, I think I know the perfect thing for Sam to help with, come along Sam!"

Vivian took Sam's hand and walked out, Mortichous following behind. They head for the carriages and get seated. "To the Soul Harvester's territory please."

It was time to tie up a loose end, before Goland realized she hadn't been looking at it.

-Try to find an unusual/interesting soul for Goland and catch it in the container he gave us.
    -Keep Sam in sight, and see if the spirits do anything odd around him or him around them.

Vivian

Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    Halat cracks his neck, then walks up to the line, then magically influences his voice when he reaches the bouncers. "You do not need to check me for weapons, because I have none."

Halat

Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    Using my focus stick, let's cast some spells.

Big Bad Voodoo: Get ally speeds up.

Release Jamboo...have him torpedo the casting man, maybe Mojo rides him like a tiny knight of doom.

Marnett or Orlin should be able to kill the other caster.

Be ready to cast something debilitating (flash hex if it will work or pin cushion since that's its purpose) on the other guy should he show himself.

Baron

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If there's another raised platform, make my way over to it, then jump on. If not, hop on to the stage, battle ax in hand and voice magic going. In either case, yell. "Hello all! And a special hello to Cole Flosteen here! My name is Halat, and I represent Backthar, Lord of Battle. And I am here, to challenge Mr. Flosteen to THEOLOGICAL COMMMMBAT!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Ask Gracander for any more details on this sect, as well as on Golivard. Who was he and why did he defect at the time? How many guards did he have and how long since anyone heard anything from them or Golivard.

Afterwards, go back to my room and pack and get some food.

Unless there are some useful shops for my journey or destination; upgrades to my armour, additional talismans etc…?

And shepherds we shall be,
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    Our Feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti...

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OoC: I knew the silvering of the sword was pushing the envelope but now I know it can be done, will keep that in mind a way's down the line.

Lavana had a flash of a memory of the werewolf's claws cleaving deep into her shoulder, and in the next heartbeat, she was handing the money over to the tailor.
    But now she felt she had tarried too long, and there were those that were seeking her. Onward, she would press, and make for the city of mages.

-purchase the full set of studded leather, along with two silver throwing daggers, and the two cloaks for 380
    -press on eastwards, a shade in the night.
    -along the way she will keep her senses open to any folk that may seek protection travelling in the same direction, happy for the moment to loan her blades for due payment
    -if no one bites (thinks the vampiress) she will drift off the road and stalk through the surroundings for prey or points of interest.
    -she will also keep an eye and ear out for any rumours of orc ruins from travellers she passes.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Go to dock A during my shift and just act like I thought I was supposed to be there and give them the old "well I'm here now and willing to work" pitch, if it's someone easily seduced then throw on the seduction, if the person in charge is an Orc maybe avoid trying to seduce? XD

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to dock A during my shift
    Are you just going to stay back at the last guys place? Also you never told me if you killed him or just drank his blood.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Are you just going to stay back at the last guys place? Also you never told me if you killed him or just drank his blood.
    Oh yeah stay at his place and just drank his blood XD Sweet talk him again, if he doesn't want another night to remember sneak in later and stab him I guess XD

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Driver, please let us off here." Vivian went to go find a boat to take her to the island. It would be rude not to say hi to the kindly old jarl.

-Try to take a boat over to the Jarl.
    -Offer to have Mortichous dig the hole for him. Tireless skeleton will get it done real fast.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Death Vision on the demon, go into all out defense using the staff to block and dodge away. Orlin and Marnett should be able to kill the cultist and come help, presuming Marnett is not injured.

If for any reason I think death vision will not work, but pin cushion will at least buy some time, do that instead.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    Death Vision on the demon, go into all out defense using the staff to block and dodge away. Orlin and Marnett should be able to kill the cultist and come help, presuming Marnett is not injured.

If for any reason I think death vision will not work, but pin cushion will at least buy some time, do that instead.

Baron

Originally Posted by SGS View Post
    "Driver, please let us off here." Vivian went to go find a boat to take her to the island. It would be rude not to say hi to the kindly old jarl.

-Try to take a boat over to the Jarl.
    -Offer to have Mortichous dig the hole for him. Tireless skeleton will get it done real fast.

Vivian

Go to dock A during my shift and just act like I thought I was supposed to be there and give them the old "well I'm here now and willing to work" pitch, if it's someone easily seduced then throw on the seduction, if the person in charge is an Orc maybe avoid trying to seduce? XD

Azura

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    OoC: I knew the silvering of the sword was pushing the envelope but now I know it can be done, will keep that in mind a way's down the line.

Lavana had a flash of a memory of the werewolf's claws cleaving deep into her shoulder, and in the next heartbeat, she was handing the money over to the tailor.
    But now she felt she had tarried too long, and there were those that were seeking her. Onward, she would press, and make for the city of mages.

-purchase the full set of studded leather, along with two silver throwing daggers, and the two cloaks for 380
    -press on eastwards, a shade in the night.
    -along the way she will keep her senses open to any folk that may seek protection travelling in the same direction, happy for the moment to loan her blades for due payment
    -if no one bites (thinks the vampiress) she will drift off the road and stalk through the surroundings for prey or points of interest.
    -she will also keep an eye and ear out for any rumours of orc ruins from travellers she passes.

Lavana

Originally Posted by undutchable View Post
    Ask Gracander for any more details on this sect, as well as on Golivard. Who was he and why did he defect at the time? How many guards did he have and how long since anyone heard anything from them or Golivard.

Afterwards, go back to my room and pack and get some food.

Unless there are some useful shops for my journey or destination; upgrades to my armour, additional talismans etc…?

Nekslag

Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    If there's another raised platform, make my way over to it, then jump on. If not, hop on to the stage, battle ax in hand and voice magic going. In either case, yell. "Hello all! And a special hello to Cole Flosteen here! My name is Halat, and I represent Backthar, Lord of Battle. And I am here, to challenge Mr. Flosteen to THEOLOGICAL COMMMMBAT!"

Halat

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Check on Marnett, make sure nothing sinister is happening with this wound.

Attempt to quiet the people, making sure they all understand what is happening BEFORE we open the gates. Establish among them a calm leader who can get them out, down a path and away. Once the gates are open see them off, protecting both ends of the lane for a little bit beyond where we are. Orlin and Marnett should be able to handle this, while I attempt a ritual.

If we are 'close' to a town, the people should be able to make their way there. If it's a longer journey, have them wait for an amount of time...maybe half a day, well far away from here. If we don't catch up, they are to press on.

If they want to play with dark magics on a mountain top, we shall show them true power. Shift to Tameus

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Oh! Why yes of course." Vivian reaches into her robes and produces the stone, holding it out towards the thane. "I apologize for not trying to utilize it, I have yet to run out of things to learn from father. Though..."

She shook her head. "My apologies again, I should not speak poorly of him."

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Halat cracks his neck, pulls out his axe, and cries, "There is a time for a battle of blood! There is a time for the axe! But not now! Now is the time FORR..." and he lets a long pause filter over the crowd, before gathering all his innate ferocity, love of combat, along with all his magic. "A DEATH-SONG BATTLE."

Halat pounds the axe on the ground to create a rhythm, then looks right at Cole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-6Svg1UVU

Whenever I try to contest people, they say I'm the best

I always tell them I am not talented, but truly blessed.

I go on everyday and bust moves out with my axe

It's like Brackthar knows how to make a thing like you crack.

You think you know how to preach and be funny

I'm here to tell you that you're slower than honey

You get a cult set up and think you're on top of the pile

I am about to do to your god like all the others and defile

I can surround you with words, each sharper than a thousand swords

Time's almost up, 'cause you gonna crumple like weak wooden boards

I say your god is a joke

A very poor and dead hoax

Your clothing is atrocious, that suit is a disaster

It looks worse than a robe made from plaster

Your face, all skin and meat and blood and bone

Couldn't even look good if it was sitting in a throne

Your cult is a sham, hardly a team

They need someone who isn't afraid to dream

So go on out, leave and begone

I'll blow out a candle, and give you a yawn

14. Like Solus liked this post.
    Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lavana closed her eyes and steadied her mind to focus. Even as brash as she knew she could be, gaining an audience with the mages, much less the liche himself, would require something in turn to tempt them. Vampires were not quite two a penny, especially one as beautiful as she, but she would need a something or two more before she entered the city. Her mentor had always taught her that when sparring with blades, influencing the opponent to take the steps you desire was infinitely better than a blind thrust as what might be a solid guard.

She headed north to the ruins in the swamp. Her hunger was sated for the time being and her mind and body were strong. It was time to delve into the past and see what old magicks the ork civilisation had left in the wake of its fall.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't have the time I'd want to word this greatly, but lets go for a swim XD Do vampires need to breathe? Some times being dead has it's perks lol. Obviously try to spot a weak spot in the patrols and slip through and look for some way of climbing up the boats side that wouldn't be overly noticeable if that's possible, may find a couple of hook on the docks I can pull my self up some where they wouldn't expect to see someone climbing aboard from? Failing that, climb up the anchor chain.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Thank you Master Gracander for providing me with more details / background information. It is time to head off."

And shepherds we shall be,
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    Our Feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti...