Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A shrug. "Well, I tried the peaceful solution. You want peace? Know eternal peace and the power of a true god." Cast Netharious bind and charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    Cast Netharious bind and charge.
    Who are you charging?

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lavana saw the sense in going around, her old mentor's words echoing in her mind to be mindful of her surroundings and not leave her guard open... But he was dead and she was not a lady fond of waiting. Seeing the El'Tarok in the city had disturbed a memory she wished to remain unbidden. It put her blood up, such as it was for a vampire.

-let her reckless streak run and press on

Last edited by Psychedelic Lictor; 12th January 2018 at 14:37.
    Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Who are you charging?
    Cole.

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vivian looked at the soul with eyes wide as she cupped her hands under it, then she looked at her skeleton guard with a bit of concern. "I...my thanks, first and foremost, Sir Thane. I mean absolutely no offense to your craft, but I'd feel safer taking it into myself until I better understand the magics that created my friend here. Just curious, what will this do to me?"

-I have no idea what this is going to do but we're going to do it SO hard that the ghullguard will wince!

Last edited by SGS; 13th January 2018 at 00:23.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They would probably expect the anchor she assumed, so she'd go over the deck and find the pantry, the pantry was where she would find what she needed, the bread, after she had a nice bit of bread she would find the actual target, if anyone asked she was simply carrying a basket of bread and got lost, the chef was already mad at her and she really needed to deliver this bread. If anyone asks about why I'm soaking wet, cry a little and say the chef got angry at me?

-Try to sneak in to steal bread
    -Use bread as a disguise/reason for walking about
    -Ponder retiring to open a bakery with "special meat" pies?

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Calm my comrades, it is still me after all. Summon the floating ice slab, and let us ascend to the top of the mountain where the ritual is taking place (airbender assault on the earth king palace style.)

Upon reaching the top, assess who is up there. If just cultists...either lightning storm or fireball depending on how much blanket aoe vs scattered strikes is needed. if there are hostages, and lightning strikes can be more precise, then use that to avoid hurting others. Also willing to just play to whatever element is active for added effect, but not at the cost of collateral dmg.

If neither of these work for the situation on top, then get off the disc, frost skin and inferno whips for hopefully more control.

Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Ponder retiring to open a bakery with "special meat" pies?
    do remember that that ends with you dying in a fire

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

8. Like Solus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Sorry! Had to go away to some nameless desert for the Boss again. Here goes:

Nekslag looks down at his chest and fingers the talisman he wears around his neck. His eyes take on a faraway look as he dregs up the memories that are always on the surface. Haunting him. Reminding him. Driving him…

“With no homeland to call our own, my mother, Dalug-Hai, gave birth to their fifth child, me, next to a nameless battlefield. There, my father, Shakh Skargul, had fought victoriously for a human army. Having already born her husband 4 healthy children; two daughters and two sons, I was a most difficult birth. I was easily the biggest babe of them all.

Growing up as a free person, I didn’t experience the bondage of serfdom or peasantry, but I also lacked the privilege of the nobility. Hearing the stories told of their old strongholds and the endless wars against Demon Bloods and El’Torak, but never actually having set foot there, I had often fantasized what it would be like restoring the old strongholds and my people to their former glory.

I was bigger and stronger than the other orcs my age, and so I was allowed to receive combat training earlier than usual, where I excelled at. For all my size, strength and combat prowess, I was a restless soul. I didn’t share his tribe’s narrowminded approach to life of one mindless battle after another. Fighting as a mercenary for whomever had the coin and opportunity for battle. I figured there had to be more than this. There had to be a purpose to my gods given talent. My mother used to joke that I had inherited part of her connection to the primal elements of the world, but I didn’t believe her.

I was five full moons away from being old enough to join the men of the tribe on an actual battlefield, and even though I was honoured of being in charge of other teenagers tasked with protecting the camp, I was impatient and snuck off after the adults to watch them do battle for yet another human lord.” Nekslag takes a few breaths before continuing: “Halfway there I had a bad feeling and turned around. When I got back to camp it had been attacked by a group of demonbloods and undead. Most of the women and children were dead already. Seeing my own mother’s dead body covering my sisters, I was filled with grief, guilt, hatred and shame. For I had selfishly forsaken my duty. I truly believed I could have made a difference here. And if not, I would have died gladly to defend my family and uphold my honour by fulfilling the task I had been given. I could not bear to face my father and brothers like this, so I swore vengeance, picked up my double-headed war axe and my mother’s talisman and set off after the bastards who killed my family.

It took several days, but finally I had caught up with them. And not only I, but a troop of paladins was already fighting them with a zeal matching my own, protecting villagers under attack. Hearing and seeing the paladins fight, my faith and purpose came in a brilliant flash of insight. I realized that evil can be stopped only with vigilance and deliberate action, and that redemption perhaps could be found in protecting the innocent from corrupt forces for good to flourish in the world; to do for others what I failed to do for my tribe and family. And so I joined in, fighting side by side with the paladins.

After the battle the senior paladin took me under her wing and taught me many things on the way back to the Holy Fortress of Ideandrel where I would be tested. She taught me how to adhere to his oath with grace and dignity, and how the simple act of doing so was enough to earn the respect and devotions of others.

After passing the initiation test, she continued to teach me that the philosophies of law and good not only create the best society but also reveal truths that would otherwise remain obscured. Her pragmatic approach to the evil in the world would mean that I would rarely be clouded by pure dogma. Something my other teachers were not always in agreement with. Their final assessment of me was: ‘Nekslag is unafraid to question and create his own path toward truth, justice, and righteousness,’ he says with a smile. “I know that evil stalks the world, and only one who is dedicated to the spread of good can stop these vile forces. My goal is the relentless pursuit to seek out evil and put it down as atonement for my failure to do so for his family and tribe.”

Having talked more than he has in a long time, Nekslag falls silent. “It has been a long time since I told anyone my story…”

And shepherds we shall be,
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    Our Feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti...

11. Like Solus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update in progress

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Massive deadline at work is going all the way to the 22nd, possibly the 27th of March. Small chance i get back to this game before then... but not looking good.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Solus! Good luck with the deadlines and we'll see the update when it gets posted!

FYI: I will be away until the 31st of March.

And shepherds we shall be,
    For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    Our Feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
    And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti...