Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot that the squirrel is a symbol of 'The Great Enemy' of the Prussian people...and of course...a symbol of imperialist tyranny in Malaysia

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Also a rodent that hoards nuts.

Don't trust creatures that collect nuts >.>

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave takes the weapon, checks it for ammo and hides it on his body before following the group.
    "Ooh look! squirrel!"

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Post Thanks / Like
    John shakes his head, clearing away as much of the old memories as he could. It had been a while since he'd really dwelled on that.. and there was no alcohol in sight to numb the thoughts that nagged at the edges of his mind.

He sighed. "Damn."

After hurrying to catch up to the group, he saw the prussian looking like he was about to attack a squirrel.

"Uhh... everything alright?"

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "Don't you think it's strange," Von Rote muttered, hand on weapons, eyes dead forward on the squirrel.

"That this is the first animal we've seen in all our time here?"

*close up*
    *close up*
    *eyes narrow*

Post Thanks / Like
    "Could be..." John stood next to the Prussian, accidentally adopting the same stance as the man. His eyes narrowed at the squirrel for a solid 10 seconds of silence.

"Or... it's just a squirrel."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kade closed his eyes and sighed. No laudenaum and he was stuck with guys wrapped up in seeing a squirrel. He was tempted to pick up and throw an apple at the beast to break the enchantment the creature had clearly wrought upon them, but instead he opened his eyes, fixed his gaze on the back of Ms. Alice and kept walking, his path taking him right through where the squirrel was standing.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Stare at the squirrel for another 10 seconds and then continue on our merry way.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Psychedelic Lictor @DrakonTheNightLord @Lexius87 @Solus @Thatfatguy

Lexius87

Drakon

As you watch the squirrel, you hear the telltale, haunting call of an owl. You enter the line of pink blossomed trees. As you walk along the path, the occasional pink petal falls and swirls past you before coming to rest on the ground.

Drakon

Well at the end of this path, and amongst the other trees, shrubs and vegetation of the 'park' you see a series of more tightly packed streetlights. You see that this leads up to one of the large metal doors, closed now, with only mild illumination from the diffused 'moon' and a few streetlight-esque sconces.

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Kade absent-mindedly takes two petals that land on his coat and tucks them into a pocket, pauses when the group pauses, and waits as the group waits. In a distant voice, his eyes unfocused on nothing in particular, he says: 'I am wondering where a man may lay his hands on some ammunition in a place like this, and some medicinal fluids or vapors to fortify the body.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Whistles dixie and carries on, unaware of any owls, dangers, or otherwise.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Von Rote's eyes narrow at the sight of [[[[[[[[him]]]]]]]]]]].

The Prussian keeps his sidearm close as and keep [[[[[[[[him]]]]]]]]]]] in front of him at all times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave runs back to the party and sticks very close, his newfound firepower clearly no match for the terrifying sounds of the wild!

Protect me, best friends!

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Post Thanks / Like

"In the Garden District most goods of that sort are sold in boutiques, closed until the morning cycle. I think you will find the Industrial Sector functions more like the towns with which you are familiar. I am told it is similar to New York' working districts," Alice tells Kade in answer to his questions.

The party approaches the door, and Alice steps towards a small metal box with a lever and buttons. A small red bulb is lit next to the lever.

"The bulkheads are locked. I would presume this is due to alarms and the flood," she stares at the door for a moment, seemingly thinking deeply about something; "It is highly unlikely that any water penetrated the corridors at this level. Even more unlikely that it has been unable to drain in the time that has passed. Lower levels may be breached."

She reaches to the panel again. You see her finger flick around the side of the box, releasing some sort of catch mechanism. The box face swings open, revealing an intricate series of boards and panels with wires, bulbs and buttons. This hidden mechanism is even more technologically advanced than other devices you have seen before now. She enters a complex series of button pushes and the light next to the lever turns off. She presses another button, and with a soft click, another bulb illuminates green. She then pulls the lever down, and the door rumbles, beginning to open. The door seems to creak and groan, staggering slightly before stopping with a crunching sound. Only a sliver of soft orange light beyond leaks out. Alice seems mildly exasperated, and reaches into the masses of wires. She rips out a few strands of wires, and the green light begins to blink along with the now relit red light. There is a building whirring sound, as if a motor is revving up, and then the door yanks free of whatever held it.

Lex and Drak

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Von Rote exhales loudly through his teeth. Things have not made sense ever since the flood. More and more questions needle him, but no answers. The soldiers contents himself with following the party for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kade swallowed the bitterness at the back of his mouth.

'Morning you say? That's peachy,' tapping the handle of the holstered pistol, 'well I guess if we get into a spot I can always throw this at someone.'

The buffalo dung was really hitting the windmill sails today. Follow the group, but dropping to the back in a sulk as the thought of an extended time with any laudanum sinks in.

Post Thanks / Like
    John grins at Kade and then studies some of the technology of this place. Seems very advanced, he was no expert on the matter, but a closer look couldn't hurt.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like

Alice begins to walk through the doors, into the orange light of the corridor beyond. You see that his appears to be some sort of man made corridor of concrete. Colored chevrons and metal piping line the walls. The turning orange light casts a striping of illumination along the expanse.

Solus

"We can use these maintenance tunnels through the bulkheads. Lower levels may be flooded, though the dryness here is optimal. There is a chance, that the flooding created a lake above and has not penetrated much of the underground complex," Alice explains.

An owl hoots in the gardens behind the party. A piercing call that haunts the darkness in the trees. A shiver runs up your spines. Alice turns back, a quizzical look on her face. Someone asks her what is wrong.

"There was no echo..."

There is a sudden gust of strong wind, and pink blossoms rip away from their trees, swirling through the air like a ribbon. Emerging from the nothingness between the petals and striding gracefully along the path as the blossoms disperse is a woman. Her dark hair comes to rest cleanly down her back as the winds recede. She is dressed in dark silks of black and crimson with white filigree as ornament. A silk mask covers her mouth and nose, but her penetrating eyes stare at the party. This is the same woman who killed the guard at the party, her long sword held cleanly at her side.

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    who killed the guard
    OOC: My character doesn't know this so I'll act accordingly.

Von Rote gets increasingly irritated with this whole thing. First a flood, then a meaningless stroll through Gott-knows-what, and now a woman staring, and STILL no sufficient explanation for anything going on! Rounding on the woman, Von Rote practically screams in frustration.

"Oh, do come in, please, everyone's here already, might as well admit another creature into this sorry entourage. Now what are you supposed to be? Why are you here? Why are WE here? WHAT IS GOING ON?!!?! I HATE THIS PLACE"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    OOC: My character doesn't know this so I'll act accordingly.
    thanks!

-Admin-