Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have, few minor changes but it plays basically the same. Really good fun, I'm building a skaven crew and an orc crew.

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother brought this a few months.

At first I wasn't particularly bothered about it, on the grounds that it's not a game either really play and I thought that it was just another example of his impulsiveness.

However, having had a good look at it now, I must say it does look quite FUN actually!

He also suggested we could 'split' the contents, like we've done on other boxed sets. When he brought the Dark Vengence boxset he kept the Dark Angel models and I had the Chaos ones.

And again, when he got the Stormclaw game I asked if I could have the Orks and he agreed.

He suggested the same with Bloodbowl. He's already made a start on Human team, and I'll get the Orc Team.

I've even started thinking up a history for the Orc team-I've got an idea for a (possible) name, and a bit of background.

I've also kept an eye on the Dwarf team that's now available too. Depending on how well this turns out I might buy the Dwarf Team as well at some point in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having read through the rulebook I have since come to one conclusion:

It's completely MAD!

When you read the 'history' part it is just so FUNNY! Little snippets like the Evil Gits anthem of You'll Never WALK again! and "The first 16 casualties are the most important!" (attributed to The Mighty Zug) actually made me LAUGH out loud!

I get the feeling that this is what Warhammer would have looked like if it had been written by Terry Pratchett.

I think it's a shame Terry Pratchett is no longer with us, because I get the feeling that, if you had shown this game to him, he would have loved it.

It's certainly right up his street...

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my brother brought the game last month we've only played just one game between us.

And I'll tell you one thing though:

I.LOVE.This.Game!

The first half was a bit tricky, trying to figure out who does what and how, but the second half was just plain sailing.

He had the (unpainted) Humans and I had the Orcs, the the final score was a draw with 1-1 each.

He says I could have BOTH teams from the box because he's actually waiting for the Chaos Team to come out (I personally am not sure about this-by the looks of it the Chaos team could take quite a while to be released, but it's his choice).

I've painted the Orc team has The Gouged Eye from the boxset itself, mostly because I liked the look of the team and the colour scheme was already there to be copied.
    I did make a few very subtle changes though-The Eavy Metal team have painted the plumes on the helmets purple, whereas I painted them white instead because I thought it would make a better contrast against the dark red armour.

Also, I allocated the 12 numbers to RANDOM models, just to create a bit of variation.

And finally I added a Troll to the Team, mostly because I just really liked the character of the model.

I am now working my way through the Human team from the boxset, and rather then base them on the teams suggested by GW I thought I'd try something a bit fun:

I decided to paint them in the two-tone colours of my local football team!

I've looked up the history of that team (including the team colours and their nickname) and are currently thinking up a personal history in the Warhammer World that resembles the history of that team.

I've even brought an Ogre to go with them.

Might even post some pics on here later.

5. Like Psychedelic Lictor liked this post.