Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Mixed leadership question

Tell me if I get this straight

Say I have a BS command squad unit (LD 9) with canoness (LD 10) and a priest (LD 7).

When taking the command squad's act of faith, the canoness's LD is used because it's a unit leadership test, and the highest value within the unit is used.

When taking the priest's war hymn, the priest's LD is used because it's the model leadership test, so he cannot use other models LD values.

If I'm wrong, please quote from the rulebook....

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, no answer...? OK don't quote from the book, just tell me if I'm right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure of the exact quote, but you can always take the highest leadership in a unit when making a leadership test, unless it's explicitly stated otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    reason why I'm not sure you are right:
    On leadership tests, the rulebook says:
    "At certain times, a model or unit might be called upon to take a Leadership test...If a unit has to take a Leadership test and it includes models with different Leadership. values, always use the highest Leadership from among them."

Well, a model is not a unit. unless we say that when the rulebook specifies a model, it means a unit-less model, but a model within a unit is always "part of the unit"

Post Thanks / Like
    If the rules for the priest tell you to take a leadership test using the model's LD, then yup, you've got it right. But it has to specifically tell you to use his stat, otherwise it's just use highest.

My mod voice is green.
    If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about my moderating, please PM me.
    Dr. Manfredel is wrong. That kind of thinking is never justified.
    http://www.40kforums.com/vb/showthread.php/7722-Sharp-s-Stuff-Bikers-3-31-12

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If it says something like, "Use this model's leadership...." then yeah, use the priests. If it just says, "Make a leadership check..." or something along those lines, use the highest leadership in the unit that he joined.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it says:
    "A model with this special rule can take a Leadership test at the beginning of each Fight sub-phase in which he is locked in combat"
    So...it doesn't says specifically to use the model's LD...
    Do you guys understand that, when the rulebook says: "If a unit has to take a Leadership test and it includes models with different Leadership. values, always use the highest" it means "unit or models within the unit" ?

Post Thanks / Like
    The model is taking the leadership test, not the unit. Use the models leadership.

Please support the Help for Heroes Calendar Girls Project at:

www.h4hcalendargirls.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd agree that "a model" (much like how a psyker uses his own rather than the unit's leadership) means the priest uses his own leadership, not the unit's.

Ann's Imperium: My gaming blog on Wordpress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Psykers have specifically noted exception to the normal leadership test rules, Priests do not. So they're a bit fuzzier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I agree it is a bit fuzzier.

Ann's Imperium: My gaming blog on Wordpress.

Knight of the Eclipse manollette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second/thirding that the model's leadership would be used. The unit's not the one taking the leadership test.

Post Thanks / Like
    1d4chen SoB tactica clearly thinks that priest CAN use other's LD,

"(auto-success-war-hymn-test-artifact)... Best used on a Conclave (LD 8 unit) Priest, since they won't have the option of an LD9 Veteran Superior to help them out with LD tests"

Knight of the Eclipse manollette's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1d4chan isn't GW's official rules committee or anything now, is it? Why did you ask if you're just going to argue with the people giving you an answer?

You gave us the wording of the rule. Based on the wording, several people are of the belief that, because the *model* is the one taking the leadership test, his unit is irrelevant. If you wanted a bunch of people to just tell you what you wanted to hear, you came to the wrong place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going by the warlord trait in the Adepta soraitas saying "you may use her leadership for any warhymns or acts of faith within 12 inches" You'd use the models leadership, otherwise this trait would be useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear manollette,

I would like to remind you, that in the beginning I assumed, according to simple wording of the rules, that "the *model* is the one taking the leadership test, his unit is irrelevant", as you kindly said, but after reading some other replies, I'm no longer sure.

I truly don't understand the "If you wanted a bunch of people to just tell you what you wanted to hear" thing. I'm really NOT SURE, and bringing the 1d4chen dude, is just in order to point that the wording might be subject to interpretation.

I sent mail to GW few days ago. I hope that they will respond, If they will, I'll let you guys know.

Post Thanks / Like
    To SpacePuppies
    I disagree, since it will still benefit models that are 12' of the warlord, and not part of her unit.
    I agree that this trait is fairly useless overall, though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by alaychem View Post
    Dear manollette,

I would like to remind you, that in the beginning I assumed, according to simple wording of the rules, that "the *model* is the one taking the leadership test, his unit is irrelevant", as you kindly said, but after reading some other replies, I'm no longer sure.

I truly don't understand the "If you wanted a bunch of people to just tell you what you wanted to hear" thing. I'm really NOT SURE, and bringing the 1d4chen dude, is just in order to point that the wording might be subject to interpretation.

I sent mail to GW few days ago. I hope that they will respond, If they will, I'll let you guys know.
    To SpacePuppies
    I disagree, since it will still benefit models that are 12' of the warlord, and not part of her unit.
    If you press "Multi" underneath a post and then quote another one, it'll pull both posts up as quotes for you so that you can respond to members without addressing your post. Quoting them will also give them a notification that you have done so.

My mod voice is green.
    If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about my moderating, please PM me.
    Dr. Manfredel is wrong. That kind of thinking is never justified.
    http://www.40kforums.com/vb/showthread.php/7722-Sharp-s-Stuff-Bikers-3-31-12

Post Thanks / Like
    To SpacePuppies
    That was the point, the only way its highest leadership is if there is a special rule, or warlord trait stating that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by SpacePuppies View Post
    That was the point, the only way its highest leadership is if there is a special rule, or warlord trait stating that way.
    I didn't understand. can you explain?