Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Deathwatch - Assault on The Fist of Ferrus

The light of five datapads fills the dim interior of the boarding pod, the dull red light barely illuminating much more than the basic outlines of of the machinery inside the pod.

Data scrolls along the screen of the datapads, each hooked on a metal arm to the wall of the pods, every screen shows the same briefing.

Date: M40.782.471.288
    Target: Strike Cruiser - Formerly of the Sons of Medusa. Lost Circa M40.700. Unknown how.
    Occupants: Orks of the Red Knot Clan, unknown acquisition.
    Current Status: Dead in Space - Minor Life Support
    Objectives: ...... Loading ...... Loading ..... *Error* ..... Restarting ..... Calibrating.....
    Bootup Sequence
    Acquiring Data
    Objectives: ...... Loading ...... Acquired ......
    1. Remove Ork Presence.
    2. Retrieve contents of the Reliquary.
    3. Retrieve data regarding ships loss and whereabouts.
    4. Retrieve data regarding Xenos Presence.
    5. If above are not viable, see to the destruction of the vessel.

Good Luck.......

For The Emperor....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters

Spoiler

Map

Spoiler

The Boarding Pod shudders as it slams into the Strike Cruisers hanger, the anticipated thump and drilling never occurs, readings flash across the Datapads screens indicating the Pod has come to a stop, the sudden gravity above your heads indicate that there is gravity and that the pod is upside down.

More information flashes across the screen, indicating that the environment outside is devoid of any life support, the airless void of space surrounds the pod on all sides but the roof.

Slowly the front of the pod Iris's open, revealing the interior of a small hanger bay. Dust covers the floor and cables snake across the ground and hang from the air. The appear to be no signs of any life in the hanger at all.

The group leave the pod rapidly, stepping onto the floor of the hanger, as the last marine steps outside the pod rocks, revealing itself to have barely landed in the hanger, gravity surges around the group and the floor appears to tilt, the Marines have just enough time to magnetise their boots before the floor tilts completely, and the pod slides out into the void of space.

Looking around the group see that there are three Stormravens in the hanger, though two of them appear to have been heavily damaged, the third to their right appears to be intact, and still has a fuel line attached, hanging from the hangers roof to its side, the door of the Stormraven is open, revealing a dark interior, several shapes appear to be inside.

Across the hanger a door into the interior of the vessel is closed, though lights along the rim indicate that it is not locked.

Brother Diomedes (Drakon) checks his Auspex as he looks around the hanger, while he finds no life signs in the hanger he see's that there are two Orks and ten Gretchen in the corridors outside, what's deeper in the ship is currently unknown.

As the group get their bearings they feel Gravity shift once more, the hanger seems to adjust again and the group find themselves on even ground. The wires and tubing hanging from the ceiling hang straight once more, and the Stormraves, straining against their restraints, settle back into position.

Begin.

*Note* While in the hanger you have free movement, when not engaged in battle you can move as far as you can see, however while in battle each player can move max 25 *End Note*

Options:
    1. Search the hanger for anything of value or intelligence.
    2. Search the Stormravens for anything of value or intelligence
    3. Attempt to look outside of the ship for anything of value or intelligence
    4. Move across the hanger and open the doors.
    5. Attempt to shut the outer doors of the Hanger.

Last edited by Thatfatguy; 1st June 2017 at 22:03.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "Let's get to it," Brother Diomedes said through his beak-helmet. Drawing his power sword and directing his brothers with curt chops of the unenergized blade.

"Stromsson, search the hangar - you're unique skills may be able to pick up more than the rest of us."

Chopping in the general direction of the Stormravens, he said: "Brother Armon, see what you can find in the birds of prey."

"Ezekiel, see what you can find outside the ship. You are the best equipped for the job."

Brother Diomedes turned his gaze at the hangar doors. His auspex indicated numbers of xenos outnumbering his own force.

"Codex Astartes dictate that we set up a defense by the point of entry. Dog, we will guard that door with our lives."

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Your father cheers, your mother cries, that is the lot of the soldier.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanus strides down the pod's ramp. Glancing about, he murmurs into the coms in his guttural voice more growl than whisper:

'Understood Brother.'

-search the storm ravens for intel

(how many weapons can I bless at once and how long does it last?)

Last edited by Psychedelic Lictor; 2nd May 2017 at 12:02.
    Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    Dog, we will guard that door with our lives."
    Dog moves up to Brother Diomedes until his chest plate just bumps the the the astartes shoulder pad with the blood angels insignia.

When Diomedes looks up, Dog will grin at him, point at the Blood Angels insignia, then point at his own Flesh Tearers icon.

"Brother."

He smiles again, shoulders his master-crafted thunder hammer "Lucy" and moves to the door, on guard and ready for a fight.

- So basically, do nothing (if that's allowed.)

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Ezekiel will grumble a bit about who's in charge but will have a look outside

3. Attempt to look outside of the ship for anything of value or intelligence

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    (how many weapons can I bless at once and how long does it last?)
    One, and until you bless another

@nonamewight I need a pm from you too.

Last edited by Thatfatguy; 2nd May 2017 at 20:11.
    When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    (If I activate force, does it apply to both my swords?)

Lexicanium Stromson remains silent, his MVII helmet leaving his face hidden. Without word or acknowledgement, he searches the hanger, letting his third sight reach out tentatively.

1. Search the hanger for anything of value or intelligence.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Solus and @DrakonTheNightLord

Spoiler

@Psychedelic Lictor

Spoiler

@Lexius87

Spoiler

@nonamewight

*GM Note* You can apply force to one blade, as you can use two powers you can activate it twice to use on both blades.

Spoiler

All options have an option for the group to call the others over to them, so please if you call others over give a reason, you can talk through the Vox so theres little chance of the Orks overhearing you. That way people can decide what they want to do.

Please do not open eachothers Spoilers, as each person should pass on any information they have found to the group.

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Brother Diomedes mused at the Flesh Tearer insignia on Dog, recognizing it for a Brother Chapter of Sanguinius. He did not notice it until now -- Codex Astartes decreed that the Deathwatch were brothers, united in common cause with no distinction of Chapter affiliation, and his mind must have blanked it out.

He also noticed that he said the particular line in the Codex aloud into the vox.

Clearing his throat: "Squad, report.

We should be prepared to shut the hangar door before proceeding further."

(2 - Hold Position)

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!

Post Thanks / Like
    OOC: To the squad, i will not be reading other updates unless TFG specifies me too, Dog will act accordingly only to what he sees, hears.. or whatever Drakon is doing.

Dog looks over to Diomedes, then to the door... then to Diomedes...then door... hackles raised... but he lets them down.

"Dog, stay." He says into the vox... to no one in particular.

2. Hold Position.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanus' voice cuts across comms, righteous irritation (he's a slow-burner sort) evident in his voice:

'Be advised brothers. 3 of the Stormravens have been looted by the green filth. We can likely expect Imperial weaponry being used against us. A moment more, and I will finish investigating the fourth bird. We may be able to use it to ex filtrate should the need arise.'

-attempt 1

spoiler

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    ((How long do my powers last then? Is it just for the turn I activate them or does it last a couple of rounds?))

Discovering the mangled body, Stomson makes the sign of the Aquila and then processes to check the body for any traps.

Over the vox, he reports in a low monotone, "I have located the body of a Son of Medusa."

1. Examine the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Be advised
    "Acknowledged, proceed to the 4th ship."

Originally Posted by nonamewight View Post
    body
    "Received. Be sure to ascertain if his progenoid glands are still intact for later extraction"

OOC: Codex Astartes demands we have Apothecaries

Post Thanks / Like
    "The hangar doors are blocked from closing, though i suspect that with a short spacewalk and a tight fit we might be able to enter the hangar next to us"

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    hangar next to us
    "Negative, too many unknown variables. We will just have to trust our mag-locks when we make our entry."

Post Thanks / Like
    *GM Note* Can I ask that you copy the entire choice, not just 1, 2, 3, etc, as that means I need to keep jumping around to double check which one was chosen

Theres also only 3 Stormravens, not 4

@Solus , @DrakonTheNightLord

Spoiler

@Lexius87

Spoiler

@Psychedelic Lictor

Spoiler

@nonamewight

Spoiler

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dog stays at the door unless told otherwise... literally growling at it.

1. Stay at the door

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Stromson mag-locks the dead brother's bolter to his right leg and proceeds to pick up the Son of Medusa. He walks over to the others.

1. Take the body to the others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by nonamewight View Post
    1. Take the body to the others.
    Brother Diomedes' head turns to Stromsson, carrying a fallen Space Marine.

"Dog, stay."

Striding forward to Stromsson, he calls out:

"What did you find?"

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll just rejoin the others