Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    Not a fish magi, but The Fish Magi, Pisces
    So like you mean the high lord of the element? Haha lets do it! I assume this thing won't try to kill me in rage?

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A. Continue your training in magical skills.
    ^

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    So like you mean the high lord of the element?
    It's not an elemental at all. It is an anthropomorphic fish like person.

Pisces won't just like kill you no, but your summoning and interaction with the spirit guardians are 100% rp related

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dairie buffs at the obviously failed attempt of trying to lure out the magical abilities. The woman - although somehow broken- didn't use magic to escape. Nor did any of the others.

Determined to carry on with their training, Dairie moves on to hunting skills, mostly having the Orc show the group how to make traps and bow hunting, but jumping in and giving pointers when her knowledge permits.

She pushes them onwards towards their destination, marching for the full day, and resting at night with rotating shifts of watch.

As they march she takes time to explain how to find drinking water, to look for creeks and small brooks over large roaring rivers which contaminate the water with sand and gravel.

She took time to teach them stretches to keep their muscles in prime condition, and went over basic bandaging techniques.

'The sooner this is over," she thinks to herself 'The better for all of us..."

- Go over some basics for survival and keeping in good bodily condition, as well as basic first aid, while pushing ion to the border.

Last edited by LneWlf; 18th June 2017 at 04:51.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Dileas Gu Brath, Nuli Secundus

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's not an elemental at all. It is an anthropomorphic fish like person.

Pisces won't just like kill you no, but your summoning and interaction with the spirit guardians are 100% rp related
    Cool, lets just have him use his magic etc to enhance the water spraying from the hose, I'm sure he won't be too mad lol.

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Thatfatguy

Kash looks at Garath and nods to the swirl of roiling molten energy.

'Well, the bot will almost definitely know we are here now if it didn't before. Sit and wait or walk deeper into the unknown?'

Kash is still listening for the reply as he hefts his crossbow and trains it on the crab with the flag.

-understood about the nature of conduits, on board now, cheers
    -take a pot shot at the crab to see if it prompts them into action

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    End the trial.. shadow step away with no further words. Let her think i'm mysterious AF
    You step away, and fall back into a shadow, disappearing from view. There is a rumble and a door appears behind her. She confusedly opens it and steps through into the guild hall.

A door opens near you, and you go through it. You emerge into the hallway between the tavern and the master's office. You walk towards the door...slowing as you see a sign hanging there.

"Sorry, Drunos, had to step out on Guild business. No training this time, but I left you some books and a pamphlet that I think will help. --M.G.

There is a small stool in the corner, upon which sits a small stack of books, tied with some string in a bow. There also appears to be a piece of parchment with some nice calligraphy and drawings on it.

The books are: "Arcana Do It: Yes You Can", "The Little Sorceress That Could", "Summon Wicked This Way Comes, But Also Not Wicked, Pretty Much any Summon", "Embracing Enhancing to Empower"....You are wholly uncertain if this is serious, or if the Master is screwing with you.

You open the parchment (trifolded like a pamphlet) with the gorgeous artwork on the cover. Inside are crude sketches of stick figures in wizard hats. Wax crayons have been used to indicate 'magic' power. It sort of looks like a wizard going through steps similar to stretches before blasting away at something. On the bottom, you see some pencil:

"I could not find the flipbook, so this will have to do. Read this scroll and then the books. The rest should be pretty clear from here."

You frown. You debate just leaving and going out into the wilds where things make sense. But you take the books and stomp off towards your room, thoroughly exhausted by the master.

Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    A. Continue your training in magical skills.
    +1 Sorcery as you continue to train (requires another update)

Originally Posted by LneWlf View Post
    - Go over some basics for survival and keeping in good bodily condition, as well as basic first aid, while pushing ion to the border.
    Two of the men show some talent for first aid, and most of the group is fairly fit....though one, who mostly drives the cart, is a bit more portly.You continue on...about halfway to the border so far.

Cool, lets just have him use his magic etc to enhance the water spraying from the hose, I'm sure he won't be too mad lol.
    You cast the spell and the components carry from your hands to the nearest wall, formiung eighteen points of light. A starry gateway seems to ripple open, and a figure strides forth. A red robed man shaped thing with the features of a turquoise koi fish stands before you. A trident-like staff with blue crystals is held in one scaly fin-hand.

Pisces seems fairly eager to help, exuding some selflessness that must be inherent to his nature. The spirit begins to cast a spell, and you feel a change in the pressure within the space. Dark clouds begin to form along the ceiling, and then hot rain begins to pour down on the floor. The beetles, worms and other pests begin to disappear and go elsewhere. He stands for a bit, allowing the rain to accumulate, the debris...already starting to eb broken down and floating along the floor.

He casts another spell towards the giant open doors on the far side. He slams his staff down and a massive wave crashes through the water, carrying it away, along with the filth towards the door. The wave crashes out into the road, and he twists his staff. The wave splits into two, pushing everything into the gutters along the side of the road.

Pisces leaves the same way he came, allowing you to refresh the hay and finish up.

+600n

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    -take a pot shot at the crab to see if it prompts them into action
    You shoot at the crab, striking it through and killing it. The nearby crabs seems startled and scuttle away. It is at this time that you see that they all have red flags on them...

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    +1 more update and then go look for quests.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kash's eyes narrow, his jaw set and his trigger finger itched; he looks at the dwarf, at the elemental, and then back at the crabs.

'Let's make crab cakes.'

-go along with the bot's game for now and kill the crabs.
    -if the elemental is willing, ask him to fry some too.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just me making up new things for you to make money, or do you mean REAL quests of your choice from bounty board?

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bounty Board but I'm assuming some will not be available by the next next update, so I refrained from picking 1 out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Torbac went back to the guild to do the Royal Feathers quest he had seen, stopping to buy a skinning knife on his way, he would hire an archer to kill the birds for him to avoid damaging the feathers, asking at the guild if such birds needed to be baited and if so where to get the best bait for them. Afterwards perhaps he might consider getting armored for a quest more suited to his abilities.

-Buy a skinning knife -10n
    -Hire a class 1 archer -500n
    Total -510n

-Hunt for the Avian prince preferably

OOC: Are these birds like massive giants? I'm taking an archer as I assume my magic would likely ruin the feathers (it's also nice to have back up) Also how do I quickly know which quests are already taken?

Post Thanks / Like
    -Read but make this face a lot >.<

-When I have time (between readings), please seek inquiry on this bounty with the Merchant's guild.

Testing The Water

Last edited by Solus; 19th June 2017 at 16:40.
    - Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Bounty Board but I'm assuming some will not be available by the next next update, so I refrained from picking 1 out now.
    oh ok, cool, my thinking had been to allow you to pick things that allowed for minor income and items without using the board until you are back to full speed, but if you're up for it then great

Are these birds like massive giants?
    An Avian Prince is a LARGE eagle about massive condor sized. A queen is similar but peacock-ish with the tail and colors and a lot bigger. King is very large, and could easily catch a dolphin or horse in the way that an eagle catches a fish or rabbit.

-Admin-

15. Thanks General 40 thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dairie looks over the troops. She purrs softly to herself, thinking as they march. She still doesn't know if any of them are capable of using magic, and she can't think of a way of drawing it out of them. And then it clicks in her mind.

"Are...any of you magic users?" She asked, catching their attention.

-If any of them are magic users, I'll post to start training them in magic. If not, we're just gonna keep riding towards the border, camping at night as necessary.

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Edited my post to hunt the prince specifically I'd want more archers for hunting a king lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edited my post to hunt the prince specifically I'd want more archers for hunting a king lol.
    Also how do I quickly know which quests are already taken?
    Red means I've updated with someone going out on the quest. Otherwise, you just have to see if someone else is also interested in it.

-Admin-

19. Thanks General 40 thanked for this post.
    Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Psychedelic Lictor

sorry guys been distracted last few days by the shiny

Garath swings his axes in the air, before wading into the crabs to smashy smashy

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anya claps excitedly as you demonstrate your new found 'prowess' with sorcery. You have a long way to go to be any sort of wizard or a healer on par with most priests....but at least you have a framework now.

A. Visit Bounty Board and attempt to get that started

B. Do random unnamed quests for 500-1000n

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    -go along with the bot's game for now and kill the crabs.
    -if the elemental is willing, ask him to fry some too.
    You shoot a few crabs, they scuttle away from the danger. The elemental, having no choice in the matter anyway...as it is under your full control...and being pretty impossible to read for intent...begins sending out jets of powerful fire that quite literally seem to cook the crabs in their shells. Garath notices it first, the one crab that never moved, and didn't seem terribly influenced by the fire. Suddenly Kash's legs are ripped out from under him. The sand rises under the stationary crab. Revealing...a much larger, rounder robot with thick arms (now clasped around Kash's legs, holing him on the ground). the body is about 2' diameter, with four legs and a raised little head with a crab hat on top. You notice that instead of little needles and such, this version seems equipped with sharp bladed claws that can grab...or cut.

-Buy a skinning knife -10n
    -Hire a class 1 archer -500n
    Total -510n

-Hunt for the Avian prince preferably
    Mercenary: Archer

You travel to the plains near the foothills, hoping the wide open expanse will help you spot one of the large birds. You spend most of your first day in the region looking, and only see the most distant signs of some sort of large bird. You believe you have more of an idea where to look the next day, having zoned in a bit.

Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    -When I have time (between readings), please seek inquiry on this bounty with the Merchant's guild.
    +1 Arcana
    +1 Sorcery
    +1 Enhancing
    +1 Summoning

The Sea of Shadows is named for the nearly continuous storms that turn the sky dark and churn the water in a vast vortex of danger. Even in the dark waters, darker shapes are spotted, revealing something in the waters beyond imagining. There is a brief period of time, not every year, and not for a set amount of time....where the seas are calmer, allowing for far faster travel between continents. This shipping lane, while dangerous if the storms return...is so profitable that most captains merchants welcome the chance to gamble for a fortune.

Originally Posted by LneWlf View Post
    -If any of them are magic users, I'll post to start training them in magic. If not, we're just gonna keep riding towards the border, camping at night as necessary.
    The portly man raises his hand, "I've had no formal training...and I'm not very good at it...but my uncle showed me how to imbue food and drink with magics. I think that's why I joined the army as a cook....help out where I can"

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Dairie sighs. "Well, I don't know much about using magic for imbuing food, but I can help you with the basics...I think. And the rest of you can watch and try as well, if you'd like - may not become anything, but maybe one of you is in hiding." Her voice purrs in exasperation.

She spends the rest of the day working with the portly fellow on how to harness his magical ability, and how to call the powers to bear. She tries to communicate what it feels like to pull on the magic, and the easiest ways to cast basic spells. She allows the others to watch on, and attempt as they like. All the while continuing the march onwards towards the border.

As night fall, she calls a stop so that they can rest, eat and sleep. She once again sets a rotating watch for the night, taking the first few hours herself, knowing she has pushed the group fairly hard the past couple of days.

-Work on teaching the cook basics about summoning/casting spells, obviously can't really teach him specific spells, but maybe I can show him the basics. And anyone else who may want to try/is able to cast magic will join in. Otherwise keep going onwards.