Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I may not be a great hunter of beasts...but something is wrong here. It nearly out ran us, and now it lays down and gives up on life...? I would stay back a bit and be on guard. And check for dominant weather...."

Note to arch: Dairie has no idea what's going on (in character).

Last edited by LneWlf; 12th September 2017 at 20:12.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Dileas Gu Brath, Nuli Secundus

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Confused... very confused. Drunos will walk around the archway and peer in...

"Where did he g....oh."

-Once Drunos figures it out, he'll shrug at Kara and leap through, spear at the ready, STABBING THE CLOSEST THING TO HIM... well, maybe not the last part.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Boreale sheaths his sword, utterly confused. He attempts to determine if these people can hear and speak to him. If so, ask where he is. If not, keep walking and observing everything.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @LneWlf & @General 40

'Kash looks at the beast and then at Dairie with slight confusion wirtten across his face, 'Unless I am mistaken, the spell you just cast has sapped the creature of its strength further. A fine thing too as given much further, we would be well behind.'

He sniffs the air and looks at the dunes around them.

'I share you evaluation and prescription regarding the weather though, a sand storm would be poor timing indeed at this point. If it gets much worse, we might have to take a much larger risk with the stalking lion...'

-hang back for the moment, prepped for Bloodfang to appear.
    -if weather conditions get much worse...suggest the foolhardy option of using the incapacitated creature as cover and setup a rolling watch rota with two on, one off.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rin'vec wonders where she had ended up and why all her new friends had abandoned her...

OOC: Sorry, life got weird there for a bit.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by SGS View Post
    OOC: Sorry, life got weird there for a bit.
    Just glad to see you're ok. We figured duty called with all that's going on.

Rin'vec wonders where she had ended up and why all her new friends had abandoned her...
    You look around and realize you are all of eight feet from Kara and Drunos just past that.

Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    if these people can hear and speak to him
    they do not seem to be aware...or be able to be aware of you.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rin'vec was about to say something when she saw how tense the others were and went into a deeper crouch, readying her bow.

OOC: Something like that yeah, I'll tell you that being trapped on a small metal tube under the water without access to showers and limited water rations is an experience best left to the imagination.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Boreale will keep walking until something happens or he finds something of interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "We should be vigilant, for surely if our prey is out here it would have heard us."

-Go with the plan of just waiting about for stuff to happen.
    -Keep my eyes open

OOC: Is it dead or just like half dead? XD

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    OOC: Is it dead or just like half dead? XD
    it's just too weak to stand, until Dairie ends the spell she has going, it will continue to weaken while she drains it.

-Admin-

11. Thanks General 40 thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dairie cocks her head, smiling to herself at her success with her spells. 'Mother knows best...' she thinks to herself snidely.

"We shall wait it out and take cover as you suggest if this weather gets worse." She raises her hand and attempts pulling more from the creature.

-Keep an eye on surroundings. Wait for Bloodfang, take cover if the storm gets worse.

-Attempt to increase the spells affect on the beast, draining it's energies faster.

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    -Once Drunos figures it out, he'll shrug at Kara and leap through, spear at the ready, STABBING THE CLOSEST THING TO HIM... well, maybe not the last part.
    Rin'vec was about to say something when she saw how tense the others were and went into a deeper crouch, readying her bow.
    Boreale will keep walking until something happens or he finds something of interest.
    Drunos goes through the archway leaving Rin'vec and Kara (@Lexius87 ) in the ruins. The elf and knight survey their surroundings, unnoticed, or perhaps nonexistent to the denizens of this place. The colors and lights and sounds of a bustling city, from the days of Nyrr's prominence, before it too was absorbed past the edge of civilization. It occurs to you (B: 31/30, D: 90/20), Boreale, that this could not have been accurate for this location within this century. You both look at each other (B: 25/20, D: 23/40), and realize this is some sort of magical pocket or place where you are seeing out of time. But it does not feel like an illusion or some form of time magic. The wizard outside had said something about spirits...and what happened to her familiar was certainly of the darker varieties of magic...seemingly.

You continue through the alley, to open up onto a wider boulevard. The ruins Drunos had been hiding in, turn out to be some sort of flower and herb shop, copiously ornamented with bulbs and sprigs and rainbow petals. People move throughout the street, meandering through their day or hustling with purpose. Some lead creatures you are unfamiliar with. The seem like livestock smaller than horses with longer necks and sheep like wool or fur across their bodies. They almost looks like the domestic, or at least the nice, version of a 'monster' you know as a blight mule.

This all seems like a vibrant dream, real but just out of touch without your ability to interact. The people themselves seem adorned with all manner of colors. This a far stretch from the bland peasant garb of the citizenry of Nyrr now. Only a few people in the street are not vested in colors and scarves. These dark robed people seem to be watching their fellow denizens move about.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    -hang back for the moment, prepped for Bloodfang to appear.
    -if weather conditions get much worse...
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    -Go with the plan of just waiting about for stuff to happen.
    -Keep my eyes open
    Originally Posted by LneWlf View Post
    -Keep an eye on surroundings. Wait for Bloodfang, take cover if the storm gets worse.
    -Attempt to increase the spells affect on the beast, draining it's energies faster.
    Dairie does not end her spell, but already beyond what she thought was her power threshold, she does not know how to increase the power further. With a last low moan, the basilad fully collapses. The sand whipping winds derived from the magics die down as the spell's connection fades.

Kash looks about (4/75*), suddenly spotting a silhouette atop a dune. No...not a silhouette, a jet black creature perched on the sands stares down. A thick mane of deep red fur surrounds a steely face. The creature seems poised to pounce, rather than curiously watching. Its massive form belied by the height of the dunes. Its maw opens, and you steel yourself for the roar...but there is only silence. Your attention falls to the basilad. The body jerks, and then lacerations appear upon it, assailed by unseen forces. The lion's 'roar' ends and it turns its glare to the party, its mouth dripping the remnants of a bloody meal.

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Drunos will make a head motion to Boreale in the direction of the dark robed ones and jogs over, wary to see if he passes through these realistic nyrrfolk as he does so.

He'll stick his face near the figure first to see if it reacts... if it doesn't, a small poke with his spear will do the trick if it hits anything.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Dairie, shocked by the sight of this horror does the one thing that comes to mind. She tries to bring her friends to help her.

With intricate twirls and utterances, she calls upon her magic.

-Attempt using Raise Zombie on the basilad. If it is successful, send it to face the lion.

Last edited by LneWlf; 14th September 2017 at 20:48. Reason: Wrong spell name. Should just change it to Raise Dead cause I keep naming it that.

Post Thanks / Like
    wary to see if he passes through these realistic nyrrfolk
    As you get close, you find yourself compelled to step away from them, but resisting that, you do pass through, like viscous water at first, then smoke.

But then you notice that one of the robed figures is looking in this direction...and you could almost swear he's looking at you

-Admin-

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Architech View Post
    and you could almost swear he's looking at you

In that case... Drunos stops near to the robed figure, just out of reach of a conventional weapon, but within striking distance with his spear.

Now he was about to look really stupid in front of Boreale... or super perceptive.

"Hail. Who are you and who do you represent."

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Now he was about to look really stupid in front of Boreale... or super perceptive.
    Boreale jogs over to the dark-robed ones as he saw it react to what could only be Drunos.

Then he realized he has a warhorse, so he gets on his mount, draws his sword, and starts at a canter, ready to ride down whatever strikes at Drunos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then he realized he has a warhorse, so he gets on his mount,
    Palpy did not come through, when you stepped through leading the reins, the moment you went in, the reins went limp

-Admin-

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kash raises an eyebrow as his mind raced through calculations based upon this development.

'A lion with a ranged attack...that alters the dynamic of the hunt somewhat. At least the beast still requires line of sight...time to let the fieldtest to commence and to earn our bread. Evalon! I have a most pressing need for you my friend...'

-Shoot the creature
    -summon earth elemental with directive to pound its way into a run and try to bear tackle the creature
    -reload and keep shooting

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    At least the beast still requires line of sight
    solus and lex can attest to this...I laugh out loud at every assumption made in this game regardless of accuracy.

-Admin-