Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two ghost-like beings drifted to Rexuss and Drakon, placing their hands on them. A moment passed in silence, and then the two began to scream - waking up everyone in the area.

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Dileas Gu Brath, Nuli Secundus

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ulteran immediately notches his bow and points it at the spirit in front of him, and gathers Magick in his hand as well. "Who. Are. You?" He hisses.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Your father cheers, your mother cries, that is the lot of the soldier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wake up and figure out what's going on I guess, have my weapon ready obviously

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha instinctively reaches for her bow before she is on her feet with an arrow notched, but she is not ready for what greets her gaze. Her bow lowers and her jaw sags at the sight of the ghosts...confusion paralyzes her for the moment as she waits for others to act.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to get up and shake lose whatever is holding me, try to grab my weapon (assuming I'm not too terrified to do so)
    "Who are you that can make me ssscream like a hatchling...?"

Post Thanks / Like
    OOC: @DrakonTheNightLord & @Gary M - sorry you guys are kinda out of commission on this part, consider yourselves unconscious and screaming until otherwise noted. Also @theonelogician & @Psychedelic Lictor - just a note, you each have (respectively) 10 & 7 arrows left, so use them wisely and keep track - cause I am. And I won't tell you when you're out until you trying using them and there's nothing left

The group awakes to find Rexuss and Drakon screaming in obvious pain, with two ghost-like creatures floating above them, hands on their chest. A few of the civilians with you begin to scream, and run off into the woods. You hear echos of "Ghosts! The Daemon-Angels of Ankagar have returned! They're hear to kill us all!"

Tabitha and Ulteran both notch an arrow, but refrain from firing. The Etheral begins calling his power to mind, ready to lash out with his magic if the need arise. But the creature in front of him does not move, although it appears to smile at him in a way that is both spine chilling, and yet comforting.

You all sit back and watch, unsure of what else to do. But as you watch, the wounds on the two begin to glow in a radiant green, shimmering a millimetre off the skin. At the same time, their screams intensify.

Your civilian friends (the five that are left) stand by and watch - don't expect them to help much in this scenario.

Also, @General 40 just to tag you so you know it's been updated.

Last edited by LneWlf; 15th June 2017 at 16:57. Reason: Tagging

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Torbac could see the wisdom in letting the spirit beings talk this out, but he was prepared to charge if need be.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    OOC - Sorry didn't realise - Thought it was a case of screaming, wake up, do something. Not scream, scream some more, and then scream again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    OOC - Sorry didn't realise - Thought it was a case of screaming, wake up, do something. Not scream, scream some more, and then scream again!
    Sorry Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha's bow lowered further still. Something prickled in the back of her mind. She was not just going to stand by and watch a ghost subject to horror the Fruntari who had pledged his life to her and the elf who had matched her bow with his blade. However, perhaps damaging attacks were not the answer.

She drops her bow and bodily launches herself at the ghost over Rex, trying to tackle the thing and break its grapple on the Fruntari.

What did her father say? Foolishness loves company.

Post Thanks / Like
    @theonelogician just waiting on your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ulteran stares at Tabitha, then tackled the other spirit to the ground. With magical fire in his hand, he waved it in the spirit beings face.

"IN THE NAMES OF ALL THOSE WHO ARE ABOVE, WHO ARE YOU?"

Post Thanks / Like
    In an attempt to help his companions, Ulteran gathers Magickal energy in his hand and steps toward the spirit in front of him, grasping it around the neck. For a moment, it stares at you in shock, it's face a mix of beauty and anger. Then your hand simply glides through, as if it had never been solid to begin with.

Suddenly, as everyone tenses up for a fight, Drakon and Rexuss stop screaming. The two spirits above them smile at the group - but give Ulteran angered looks - before gliding into the woods and disappearing.

Checking over the two, you notice their wounds are gone, and their skin looks like they had never been hurt. They awake with you standing over them, obviously startled.

- @DrakonTheNightLord and @Gary M , your health has been reset to your starting max. You awake with everyone staring at you.
    -@theonelogician , @General 40 , @Psychedelic Lictor , and Drakon and Gary, you may now choose to head Northwest to the city of Talendai, where anti-Malekeith groups have been known to hide, or you can go Southeast to the Yunda jungle and see if you can find help among the local tribes.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Drakon stares back at the rabble before him.

"What?"

[Going to delay this, but in the event that I don't get to post, be it known that I'm in favor of sticking to the jungle.]

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Your father cheers, your mother cries, that is the lot of the soldier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lawless in Arabia.

Ulteran suggests the party head in to convince the tribes to join them. Strength in numbers, and Malekieth is less likely to have spies there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha rubbed the sleep from her eyes and yawned before helping herself to some breakfast from her pack. While she munched on the rations, she mused upon their options aloud.

'Talendai would offer a greater kick for the revolution and act as a focal point from which others may take inspiration from if rumours of unrest there are true and those elements could be conjoined into one force. However, being a city it would have a higher level of presence for Malekieth's troops and loyalists. The jungle would likely be a less auspicious start, though have a lower Malekieth presence, and to be frank, I have limited knowledge on what help the tribes could provide. Who is in favour of which? For what it's worth, considering our size and lack of contacts, the jungle just shaves it for my own choice.'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ulteran nods toward Tabitha. "The problem is, we still do not know who tipped the local garrison to our presence, and who is to say the same won't happen again?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha makes a point of giving each civilian still present a long stare at Ulteran's words.

'Aye, we will need to be more careful in choosing our friends and allies. None of you would hold your friends' and neighbors' lives so cheap I am sure,' though as she says sure, she looks at each in turn again searching for any reaction upon their faces or body language, 'would any of you perhaps know who might have been the informer in town?'

Post Thanks / Like
    @Gary M - just waiting on your post.

Also - you guys know you can split up if you want...just sayin'.