Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Era of Malekieth - Dissention

A long entry post here for all, but I feel it is necessary to set the mood. See the end of the post to know where you begin.

Spoiler

As the story begins; Tabitha is kneeling among the ashes of her family, in the small town of Wyln, on the eastern grasslands of Asliia.

Rexuss, having deserted the Guard has been roaming the lands for the last month, and is passing through when he stumbles upon her.

Drakon has just arrived at the city of Wyln, looking for an old acquaintance who once spoke of knowing where to hit the Elves where it would hurt the most.

Torbac, having travelled across the Rtepp Sahara with his Guard Regiment, has just stopped at the Wyln barracks, within sight of the neighbourhood that had been burned down. The smoke from it still visible in the sky.

Runaron'wakatrian'ilowatun Ulteran stands among the forest on the western side of Klitchaan, nearly four leagues from Wyln. He has heard of what has happened there, and must now decide where best his skills can help his quest.

Your first actions I'm going to leave open to you, obviously so long as they aren't too far fetched. And so begins the rebellion..

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Dileas Gu Brath, Nuli Secundus

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha's cheeks are warm from her own tears, though her eyes burn cold with a hatred for this injustice and hunger for vengeance upon the institution that sanctioned it. Sifting through the ashes, she digs out what scraps she can. Money unlike her family, did not burn. She figured between her scrabblings and the small coin in her pocket, she could pull together enough to scrape by for life on the road.

She considers the people she knows still alive that might aid her, but already she had lost so many; she would risk only her own life. She looks up through glassy eyes and espies an approaching fruntari. Exotic in this small town, she watches him come closer. Grief, however, makes her tongue sharp:

'You have missed the show lizardman. The elves have already done the deed. Why do you yet stare?'

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex knew he didn't have a way with words, that some others had. His pronouncements often got him into (more) trouble than out out of it, so he usually kept quiet. But the visions from the recently despatched Elder kept coming back to him. Now it wasn't just Fruntari, but Tigreans, Humans...indeed all the races of this land.
    He noticed the visions also showed those warm bloods left alive with water falling from their eyes. He had never noticed this before while serving. Was this due to the visions or just previous blind loyalty learned from a sharp stick?
    But having been asked a question, he knew he had to answer. His words came haltingly...

"I have not come for a ssshow Tigrean, I am just wandering...
    I may be in the Elvesss uniform but am Guard no more...."
    He points at Tabitha:
    "Thisss water from your eyesss....why?...I know not..."
    But then his eyes glaze over. Looking like he has a thousand yard stare:
    "Not Guard....Ssssomething happened...I left...my eyesss have been opened to what they have done to my people... to all people...
    I want freedom for my people, for yoursss too maybe?"

(OOC If the extra 'sss' in appropriate words are annoying, I'll stop. Just trying to create an image of what a speaking lizardman might sound like. Happy for this only to affect Rex given his low charisma - Best I can come up with is the end of a hissing sound which is pronounced by the letter 's'. Probably influenced by a certain Star Trek episode and the game Star Fleet Battles - Gorns!)

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Drakon smiled as he walked into the city. The burning smell of destruction waving at him like an old friend. He crept up the streets, looking for the agreed inn where he would meet his contact. He had nothing to fear. He was a ranger of Malekieth. All quaked before him.

All pray to forget him.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    T's tail twitched as she regarded this strange lizardman. She had little experience of the race, but knew of their fearsome reputation with blade. Despite her grief, the creature's words resonated within her and she softened her tone.

'Careful with your words, scaled-one. My family were killed for voicing grievances with the masters. Unless you are prepared to defend yourself from retribution, I would advise you to guard your tongue around strangers.'

She looked around at the devastation wrought upon her neighbourhood. Her ears twitched and she made a vague wave with one paw.

'You have nothing to fear from me though, I have no love nor loyalty to the empire that holds sway. My father once told me when I was a whelp, all empires fall, you just have to know where to push.' She looks now squarely at Rex, her tears drying at the memory. 'I could do with a drink, and information so I will go to the local tavern. What do you choose to do, lizardman?'

Post Thanks / Like
    "I do not often sssay much. That wasss more than I have ssspoken for a long time. I am not...ssskilled with wordsss"

Rex stands tall..."Thessse marksss..." points to both the natural markings on his scales and then those left by elvish beatings..."I have been mocked for thessse....and the elvesss gave me thessse when I ssstruck my drill sssergent....they taught me ssself control....but I do not forget....I not loyal anymore....want to punisssh the elvesss"
    Another pause while Rex thinks about what he wants to say...
    "You...you have not sssaid anything about thessse marksss...You are firssst...isss thisss..." he is obviously thinking for the right word "k..kindnesss?"
    "I not know 'father'...but he wissse"

"Drink...yesss...my kind do not need much to drink, but I have not drunk or eaten properly for long time...I...will come with you
    I think...for thisss and information about elvesss. We ssstart to push?"

"Bessst you firsst. I bigger than you and can sssee over you...do not worry...I watch your back, not ssstab it like elvesss...but you not know me...I walk five pacesss behind....ssso I can't ssstrike you unssseen"

"You Tigreansss very quick...you get behind me if trouble comesss...I deal with that for usss"

"In tavern....you ssspeak for me?"

Rex will walk behind Tabitha, out of reach if she wishes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Torbac had heard of the stupidity of the elves many times, but to burn down a neighborhood for the crimes of one family? He had to see the destruction for himself, as he went towards the ruined neighborhood he began to analyze the cities strengths, it's weaknesses, he was no assassin, but this governor was not worthy of his title... or his life.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ulteran looked at the faint wisps of smoke still hanging in the air, before gliding out of the forest. He felt death, sorrow, and despair. He did not know why the Young Ones wept for their dead, since their lives were so short anyway. But the darkness of the elves must be balanced, and since they had failed to do it themselves, it would be done for them.

As he moved from the forest, he sought those who seemed discontent, or better, angry. Unlimbering his longbow, he made for the nearest elf garrison.

Post Thanks / Like
    [b]As with any forum game, only read the spoilers with your names on it! Everything else should be a surprise if hidden away from you.

@Gary M , @Psychedelic Lictor

Spoiler

@General 40

Spoiler

@DrakonTheNightLord

Spoiler

@theonelogician

Spoiler

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ulteran notes the increased size of the garrison, then decided to look around for potential sources of information. Anything to tell him what happened and how the locals where responding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Torbac approached the strange duo, it didn't take an expert to spot the embers of rebellion, but in these two the embers burned brightly for all to see "one of you perhaps could give me information as to why a neighborhood was really burned down?" Torbac didn't hid the unease in his voice at the idea of such a waste of life.

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha's eyebrows rise at the approach of the second Fruntari. Two in one day? She wondered faintly if this was some kind of sadistic trap set by the Elves as they toy with the final remnant of her neighbuorhood before executing her as well...but the first Fruntari's words had disarmed her somewhat - there was no deception about the brutal scars he bore - and the second seemed genuine enough, and the gods knew T had been flexible with the truth enough in the past to spot the obvious tell-tales signs of a lie.

Still, the grief and strangeness of the day kept her tongue somewhat guarded.

'A family was unable to keep up with taxes. My own spoke up in their defence, and for this... insubordination,' Tabitha's tongue seemed heavy and the bitterness of bile was at the back of her throat at the word, 'an example was deemed necessary.

My name is Tabitha Silverclaw,' and at this she will turn and nod in the direction of the first Fruntari, her mother's drilling on manners shining through even now, 'why have you come here, lizard man? Why do the deaths of simple Tigreans interest you?'

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Drakon smelled a rat. People were either on time, or they were setting a trap.

-Leave inn.
    -Disguise self with rags, tarp, dirty cloth from alleys.
    -Sit and beg outside the inn.
    -Keep eye out for contact.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    'why have you come here, lizard man? Why do the deaths of simple Tigreans interest you?'
    The Fruntari stood almost saddened at the news, he had expected it but some how he had refused to believe it... "simple Tigreans? If that is how you see your own people then you are truly lost, but perhaps there is still yet hope, I would see the man responsible for this atrocity repaid in kind... we should not however speak of such things openly, do you have a private place we could go?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Tabitha racked her brains for a more discreet location. Most of her regular go-tos were now in ashes.

-if she knows of one, take the pair there.
    -if not, take them into the tavern and ask for a quiet room upstairs for a meeting using her way with words if necessary to stress this is a private meeting; she is aware a Tigrean with two Fruntari stand out, but that cannot be helped; at least they can try to keep the content of conversation unknown though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    at least they can try to keep the content of conversation unknown though.
    "If anyone asks we're holding a private ceremony to morn an old friend from a forgotten war, by the look of you both you've done time in the guard, just keep it vague and act depressed" Torbac spoke as if he had done this sort of thing before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from a low instinctive rumble in his throat that his species use as a warning to their own kind, Rex is silent throughout. As a deserter he keeps a wary eye on the other Fruntari who wears the Guards uniform. He knows his life is now forfeit if caught.
    His word, when given, is his bond, and he is ready to protect Tabitha if she is attacked.
    Given the exchange and Tabitha's seeming acceptance of his fellow Fruntari, Rex will relax a little and follow T's lead. At least he knows her name now.
    "Tabisstha...no, Tabissth...no Tabissth....yoursss isss a name I cannot sssay easssily. I call you T..."

Relaxing more, Rex realises that another Fruntari would be a great benefit if they need to fight their way out. One thing for sure, Rex couldn't talk his way out of it. T probably could and the other Fruntari was also eloquent. Rex was someway out of his depth here. He would just have to wait for his blade to do the talking...

Post Thanks / Like
    OOC: You guys are much faster than I expected - I'm gonna try and update as much as possible, will do at least once or twice a day!
    @DrakonTheNightLord

Spoiler

@Psychedelic Lictor , @Gary M , @General 40

Spoiler

@theonelogician

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Torbac motions to a table near the exit, it would not seem suspicious to anyone walking in on them he supposed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex nods his agreement. Sits with his back to the wall so he can see what goes on in the tavern.
    Nodding to T and the other Fruntari, "You both ssspeak. I lisssten, and watch tavern"