Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like

Might Makes Right: Part 1: The Good Ones Always Die Young

So your tale begins...

As the war between Clan Eka and the Legion continues to escalate, mercenaries races towards the conflict eager to make their fortunes. You are one such mercenary, a member of The Silver Standard freelance company. Things had been going well since you arrived, the company grew and so did your profits, playing both sides of the war had proved to be in your favor.

Until the mission to Old Yoran.

You had been contracted to a power samurai warlord. The Legion put up fierce resistance but crumbled before the warlord. Your payment was all but in your pockets already. Then the screaming started, explosions surrounded you, the remains of clan Eka's warriors flew through the air as the true battle began. Your commander, Rellinus, ordered a full retreat as those around you were slaughtered. And you ran, as fast and as far as you could. And when you finally collapsed from exhaustion you came to a horrifying realization.

You went in fifty strong. Now only five remain. A shifty and homicidal ninja, and surprising average vishnu cultist, a legionaire just a little too attached to her shield, a samurai with a love for sword and sake, and the vicious hound covered in gore.

You made your way back to Sivil, a small river town where your company had established a bit of a base. It was a few houses and sheds, now eerily vacant, but much to your relief there were still beds to collapse upon.

Welcome to the little land of Karatal. What you do from here is up to you.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like

The Map

Our Cast.

General 40

Solus

Lexius 87

Psychedelic Lictor

Drakon

TFG

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basic Map.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	27368  
    Last edited by SGS; 12th July 2017 at 07:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Solus @Lexius87 @DrakonTheNightLord

Let the game begin! Your intro and character info is above. You are all currently in the same place. What happens now is up to you. Have fun.

EDIT: And if someone knows how to @ multi-part names, feel free to hit up Gen and Lictor. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure it out.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Shadow makes a mental note that his has split it's self, not for the first time he was confused and looked to his companions for leadership.

OOC: You just put the space and whatever else? @Psychedelic Lictor for example?

Edit: yeah that works XD

Edit 2: Follow Lex, lets loot this joint

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

5. Like Psychedelic Lictor liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vishnu unfolded his four arms and put his palms together on both upper and lower sets. Creating x's with his form. He began to murmur and hum to himself.

"Great is the power of the fallen, given to us by the elements and the guardians of these lands. Honor upon their deaths as we ingest their spirits into our beings for...."

This would continue for a while...

Actions:
    Scout the town for what happened to its inhabitants. Are they in hiding? Or something more nefarious.
    A cultist needs to eat, feel free to grab what food he sees to strengthen himself.
    Always be on the lookout for whatever hit us like a ten-ton hammer, i'd rather not get surprised.

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    This is our group's base huh? Alrighty then, to the armoury it is!
    Let's loot the place in honor of our fallen comrades!

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OOC: So can someone photoshop a stetson on this google result of cyberhound...
    SGS can I just be a robot hound instead of a goofy guy in a hound suit? Also do I have super robot hound senses? Can I robot-smell things?
    Also guys please imagine my character's voice as Clint Eastwood's.

Wild Card never slept. He never needed to in this form, pure, sterile, powerful. In a past life, Wild Card was the fastest gun in the West. He settled in a town and became its sheriff once, until a new life beckoned.

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Wild Card growled at the fleeting flesh memory. The day of the gunslingers were long fading. Society was collapsing faster and the Wild West just got Wilder. There would be no peace for Sheriff Card, there would be no tranquil solace for the gunslingers and the pugilists and the soldiers.

No, there can only be war.

Kyudin walked past the entrance to the base and out into the town. Wild Card didn't mind Kyudin, the four-armed freak that he was. He was, in an impure kind of way, a hunter same as he was. On the hunt for the greatest, most dangerous prey of all.

Peace.

Rising on his powerful legs, the former gunslinger, former sheriff, now cyberhound Wild Card began following Kyudin into town.

-Follow Kyudin into town
    -Look menacing
    -Think more about the futility of peace and war
    -And dog treats

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    -Follow Kyudin into town
    OOC: A companion cyberhound with a sheriff hat and badge? Kyudin(Solus) has never been happier.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

10. Thanks DrakonTheNightLord thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOC: So can someone photoshop a stetson on this google result of cyberhound... Arch has a gift for you in the other MMR thread.

SGS can I just be a robot hound instead of a goofy guy in a hound suit? Also do I have super robot hound senses? Can I robot-smell things? Sure. You're now a straight up robot hound. In exchange for not being to do things involving thumbs, fingers, or hands, I'll give you a little bonus to a few things for increased senses.

Also guys please imagine my character's voice as Clint Eastwood's. Done.

[
    Enjoy. I'll post an actual update tonight.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    This is our group's base huh? Alrighty then, to the armoury it is!
    Let's loot the place in honor of our fallen comrades!
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Shadow makes a mental note that his has split it's self, not for the first time he was confused and looked to his companions for leadership.

OOC: You just put the space and whatever else? @Psychedelic Lictor for example?

Edit: yeah that works XD

Edit 2: Follow Lex, lets loot this joint
    While the vishnu and hound head out the two of you stay behind to check the base for supplies. There's still a large amount of rations, various personal items from those who had stayed there before the battle, and other personal comforts.

The weapon lockers had been mostly cleaned out. You find a couple of a couple flare guns, a short sword, and...

A fragmentation grenade.

Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    The Vishnu unfolded his four arms and put his palms together on both upper and lower sets. Creating x's with his form. He began to murmur and hum to himself.

"Great is the power of the fallen, given to us by the elements and the guardians of these lands. Honor upon their deaths as we ingest their spirits into our beings for...."

This would continue for a while...

Actions:
    Scout the town for what happened to its inhabitants. Are they in hiding? Or something more nefarious.
    A cultist needs to eat, feel free to grab what food he sees to strengthen himself.
    Always be on the lookout for whatever hit us like a ten-ton hammer, i'd rather not get surprised.
    OOC: So can someone photoshop a stetson on this google result of cyberhound...
    SGS can I just be a robot hound instead of a goofy guy in a hound suit? Also do I have super robot hound senses? Can I robot-smell things?
    Also guys please imagine my character's voice as Clint Eastwood's.

Wild Card never slept. He never needed to in this form, pure, sterile, powerful. In a past life, Wild Card was the fastest gun in the West. He settled in a town and became its sheriff once, until a new life beckoned.

I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Wild Card growled at the fleeting flesh memory. The day of the gunslingers were long fading. Society was collapsing faster and the Wild West just got Wilder. There would be no peace for Sheriff Card, there would be no tranquil solace for the gunslingers and the pugilists and the soldiers.

No, there can only be war.

Kyudin walked past the entrance to the base and out into the town. Wild Card didn't mind Kyudin, the four-armed freak that he was. He was, in an impure kind of way, a hunter same as he was. On the hunt for the greatest, most dangerous prey of all.

Peace.

Rising on his powerful legs, the former gunslinger, former sheriff, now cyberhound Wild Card began following Kyudin into town.

-Follow Kyudin into town
    -Look menacing
    -Think more about the futility of peace and war
    -And dog treats
    Thinking ahead, you decide to take one of the rations in the base and eat before heading out.

The two of you head into the town. Sivil had never been a particularly busy place, the Eka clan having gone as far as building a road so they didn't have to travel through the place, so you only find a few dozen others walking about. While Kyudin had never been stationed here, Wild Card knew a few things about the town.

-Another mercenary company uses the town as a resting point, 'Simple Solutions'. They pride themselves on being very friendly and easy to work with for those who've never hired a band of trained killers before.
    -A merchant had moved there a few weeks back, she appeared to still be there.
    -The mayor lives in the mansion in the center of town. Most agree that he's not amazing, but not bad either.
    -The town has a retired Legion officer who openly insults anyone wearing samurai weapons or armor. But that's about as far as he ever goes.

@Thatfatguy

You manage to limp your way back to Sivil, arriving in the middle of the night and discovering that several of your comrades have made it here as well. You promptly collapse on an open bed and sleep away the horrors of the last mission.

You awake to find two of your allies, whom you don't recognize aside from the symbols on their armor, apparently searching lockers and bags around the base.

@Psychedelic Lictor

Hello friend! Feel free to assume you're in much the same place as TFG is (the entry above). Don't worry, not much has happened yet.

Arch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    -See grenade
    -Scream "GIMMEEE" and dive for it

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garath will stand up, gathering his weaponry and raising his voice to his comrades.

'Any good loot boys?'

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies chief for the delay - was knocked out with tonsillitis for a day.

Isha stands, turns his head, and spits a glob into the dust. That would be the one and only time he would run.

Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame.

Next time, he would stand. Stand and cleave this new foe in twain. Or fall. A feeling like cinders in his gut were starting to smoulder, lighting the blood in his veins aflame, a death jester's smile curved his lips: this was the kind of foe he hungered to face, the kind of foe that would push him to be the best. No more saps who didn't know blade tip from pommel. A challenge that he would see decapitated, or see himself eviscerated.

But first, sake.

-search for loot, focusing on rations, sake taking priority above all
    -also keep an eye out for any light armour that would be an upgrade
    -cash is a distant fourth - if it's not gleaming and pocketable, no dice

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    seeing shadow dive for the grenade and finding it odd that whomever looted the place just left a grenade lying around, Varia dives the other way, to outside and hopefully safety.

-if nothing happens then i'll go back in and take the flare guns and a bunch ofrations after checking for traps
    -if the grenade goes off and the dust has settled, loot shadow if he's dead, if he's not dead i'll just ask if he's alright

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

17. Like General 40 liked this post.
    Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    Varia dives the other way

loot shadow if he's dead, if he's not dead i'll just ask if he's alright
    Instantly the best post.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I go willingly to my fate

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

Wild Card's human voice, marred with electronic growls and scratches pierces the air as the four-legged and the four-armed walked, hitherto in silence.

"Those Simple Solution pricks. What kind of a name is that for a mercenary group anyway?"

They kept walking. This machine body never needed to spit, but the cyberhound did now, hawking up some of the gore from last night.

"We should kill their leaders and use the rest to replenish our numbers."

Post Thanks / Like
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    The Vishnu nodded. "It shall be so, Wildcard. Any firearms henceforce found will be strapped or grafted to your body in the name of peace."

"Those Simple Solution pricks. What kind of a name is that for a mercenary group anyway?"
    *Shrug*.... *DoubleShrug*

"We should kill their leaders and use the rest to replenish our numbers."
    The Vishnu stopped... pondered.

"To achieve ultimate peace, we must have ultimate control. Very well deduced, wildcard, we shall see what waits for us at this mercenary group, and when the time is right... we shall... have.. peace."

- Head to the Simple Solution group. Let's see if we can weasel our way in, for peace sake.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "When the time is right..."

Wild Card spat at that.

"The time is what we make of it. People live, people die, that's life."

The cyberhound squinted up at the Vishnu. So well armed. So cautious.

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."

Post Thanks / Like
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."
    "I don't know what that is."

Formerly Silas