Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    "Perhaps you guys can look for the man again. Chances are he tricked us," the Cyberhound growled with his nose in the dirt.
    "Let us wait at this camp for tonight. If nothing appears by tomorrow, we will have words with these peasants in the morning. If they should have lied, then I will bring peace to their souls the best way I know."

-Look for clues/ambush spots.
    - Find a nice tree to rest in in case this is a trap

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Disappear in to the shadows after telling the man of peace I'll be around but talking to the others.

-Stealth mode engaged
    -Let them come to us

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Isha pauses blade still held in the air, breathing hard and trting to push the pain emanating from his wounds from his mind. He looks into the eyes of the one who spoke and gives a somewhat awkward nod. Straightening and slowly sheathing his weapon, he bows, again a little awkwardly, still not comprehending fully what was playing out.

'As you will. My name is Isha. Might I have yours?'

-bow again if he responds and return to the old man, reporting what transpired, talking somewhat hesitantly as he does so, unsure if he has failed the task or not.
    The man does not bow, instead staring at Isha for a moment. "Grishna. Now leave."

When you return to the dojo and report your mission, the master shakes his head while the instructors laugh.

Instructor one wipes a tear from his eye, "Don't worry, no one here ever passes that test."

Instructor two stands, "Well, one did. Turns out the whole trick is to simply say 'please'. Oh please, like any swordman worth his salt would do that. Still, it's a pleasant enough training exercise for them as well. Anyway, let's get you started on some exercises..."

Training yields results. Choose one of the following abilities.
    -Blink Slash: A lightning quick attack few can defend against, yet leaves an opening at its end.
    -Ambidextrous: You are now ambidextrous, very helpful if you decided to do something crazy like wield a blade in each hand.
    -Desperate Counter: Whenever and enemy rolls a critical success, you immediately make an attack against them.

Wild Card will sniff around the site, searching for clues.

"Perhaps you guys can look for the man again. Chances are he tricked us," the Cyberhound growled with his nose in the dirt.
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    "Let us wait at this camp for tonight. If nothing appears by tomorrow, we will have words with these peasants in the morning. If they should have lied, then I will bring peace to their souls the best way I know."

-Look for clues/ambush spots.
    - Find a nice tree to rest in in case this is a trap
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Disappear in to the shadows after telling the man of peace I'll be around but talking to the others.

-Stealth mode engaged
    -Let them come to us
    A few hours after sundown the group is awoken by the sounds of approaching people. Slowly encircling them are many, many torches, and many more people around those torch bearers. Numbering over a hundred, they slowly march upon the party with eyes blazing red and various weapons in hand. They pause for one moment, standing in silence. Waiting.

And as an ear piercing shriek cuts through the night, they charge.

Alright, give me a general battle plan. Right now Shadow is hiding, Kyudin is in the best tree he could find but thinks he's been seen (unconfirmed), and Wild Card is just standing in the center of the camp practically yelling 'Come at me bro!'.

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @SGS How many grenades do I have? I recall I think I had two frags by this point? XD

@Solus @DrakonTheNightLord I have smoke bombs and with the frags could maybe set some kind of path out in confusion for us, or I can take out a group with the frag and then go ninja on them in the smoke if we're going to fight this? I kind of want to go down fighting

GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    if we're going to fight this?
    Of course we're fighting this!

Wild Card searches for a leader of some sort, and charges him.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say multiple swords is a vishnu's game...but I've already posted the pic with 3 swords so...will there be a chance at a... mouthdexterous feat down the line?

-pick ambidexterous and put these extra katana he picked up to good use.
    -return to the master and ask what task he has next.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wait to see a large group, throw all frag grenades, then use a smoke grenade to cover my self as I charge the enemy, they won't be able to see me through the smoke until I come out swinging

8. Like Solus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kyudin grinned at the unruly peasants. "Disturbers of peace, this will be my pleasure."

Kyudin knocked both his bows and aimed for the nearest peasants... and unleashed hell.

Action Plan:
    - Hailstorm, let's strike fear into them. With Shadow's grenades and a hail of arrows ripping through them, i'm hoping to open up their ranks and cause panic.
    - Kill the ones that spot me or try to point me out first. If i'm spotted, see if I can hold that position until I need to hop to another tree.
    - Hailstorm again when ready.
    - Keep an eye out for when this seems hopeless, and look for those 'panicked' areas that we may be able to breakthrough and Mine's of Moria this shit.

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, hopefully with less delay we can get this slaughter going.

@SGS How many grenades do I have? I recall I think I had two frags by this point? XD
    @Solus @DrakonTheNightLord I have smoke bombs and with the frags could maybe set some kind of path out in confusion for us, or I can take out a group with the frag and then go ninja on them in the smoke if we're going to fight this? I kind of want to go down fighting
    Of course we're fighting this!

Wild Card searches for a leader of some sort, and charges him.
    Wait to see a large group, throw all frag grenades, then use a smoke grenade to cover my self as I charge the enemy, they won't be able to see me through the smoke until I come out swinging
    Kyudin grinned at the unruly peasants. "Disturbers of peace, this will be my pleasure."

Kyudin knocked both his bows and aimed for the nearest peasants... and unleashed hell.

Action Plan:
    - Hailstorm, let's strike fear into them. With Shadow's grenades and a hail of arrows ripping through them, i'm hoping to open up their ranks and cause panic.
    - Kill the ones that spot me or try to point me out first. If i'm spotted, see if I can hold that position until I need to hop to another tree.
    - Hailstorm again when ready.
    - Keep an eye out for when this seems hopeless, and look for those 'panicked' areas that we may be able to breakthrough and Mine's of Moria this shit.
    Three grenades flew out into the crowd, followed by a barrage of arrows. Just as bodies started to hit the ground the grenades went off, though Kyudin can see that several villagers jumped atop them rendering the lethal explosives far less effective. Wild Card joins the fray immediately after, not seeing an apparent leader so just attacking the people with the biggest weapons and or farming tools and going from there.

The peasants respond by swarming Wild Card. While most strikes do nothing a few powerful hits manage to rock the cyber hound. Another swarm starts to circle the tree Kyudin is in and those with torches quickly start a fire at its' base.

A smoke grenade goes off just next to the peasants, and in the resulting cloud dances Shadow. The ninja slashes wildly as, like the peasants, the smoke has rendered him blind. But it's okay since he really doesn't have to work hard to hit one of them, there's just so many. Another dozen fall to Wild Card before they start backing off and letting the pitchforks try to encircle him, resulting in a somewhat slower killing spree from Wild Card as he tries to avoid impaling himself on one of the deceptively sharp pitchforks. Kyudin grumbles about his flaming tree and shoots the torch bearers in the face, and another four peasants around them as well for good measure.

A group of peasants manages to run into Shadow, a blind strike knocking him off balance but little else. The group around Wild Card draws another lucky hit but have yet to do anything serious. And finally the group encircling Kyudin just shake their fists and stab uselessly up at him, unable to climb the tree that they set on fire.

Shadow continues to stumble and slash his way through the peasants, and when the smoke clears he finds himself surrounded by corpses. Wild Card leaps upon the last of the pitchfork users and rips off his head, impaling in on a pitchfork for good measure. As he's admiring his work one particularly large peasant with a plow leaps forward with the intent to smash the cyber hound, only to receive an arrow to the gut for his troubles. Followed shortly by several to the chest, neck, and one in the eye. Plow man did not die well.

Peasants - defeated.

Party's wounds - all minor at best.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    I was going to say multiple swords is a vishnu's game...but I've already posted the pic with 3 swords so...will there be a chance at a... mouthdexterous feat down the line?

-pick ambidexterous and put these extra katana he picked up to good use.
    -return to the master and ask what task he has next.

The master strokes his beard as he thinks. "A life is a particular thing, is it not? Some would call it precious, a gift worth protecting. Yet others take it as freely as they would a breath. I give you a choice, young one. There is a life that many would say requires saving, and another that many would say requires taking. Which path do you take?" (Note: You will be sent along this path upon your choice. So if you have any other business in the dojo just let me know in your reply.)

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "The voices call out now, this is a loud place, but maybe we can find things" Shadow seemed to be talking to a body he'd propped against a tree.

-Loot in hopes they had like a couple of coins amongst them all?

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wild Card pushes the peasants into a rough heap with his robosnout. Then he leaps on to the heap and howls.

"AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Then he just kinda sits there waiting for more peasants to come at him, bro.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kyudin hops down from the burning tree and moves up next to his companions.

"Peace is restored, but this is not over. We take everything from the village itself to show them that peace should not be disturbed in such a manner."

Help the shadow loot and recover some arrows, then loot the village that lied to us... THEN turn in for the reward.

Formerly Silas

14. Like General 40 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    then loot the village that lied to us
    <3