Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The cyberhound scowled deeply at the poorly educated Vishnu creature, and decided to take a different tact.

“It’s a hell of a thing, killin’ a man. You take away everything he’s got, and all he’s ever gonna have.”

More walking in silence.

"Simple Solution pricks."

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!
    Your father cheers, your mother cries, that is the lot of the soldier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    “It’s a hell of a thing, killin’ a man. You take away everything he’s got, and all he’s ever gonna have.”

"I would murder every living being, every sentient rock, and every.. toaster... if it brought peace. And these Simple Solution mercenaries will stay the peace out of my way if it comes to it."

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what to make of this heathen mumbo-jumbo about peace, Wild Card chewed on some stray tendons in his mouth, spitting it out sharply.

My Mod voice is bold. Feel free to PM me if you feel you can help the Forums in any way!

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll all be delighted to know that my new dice set came in today! Red and black with gold numbers. Let's see how they like you guys!

Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    -See grenade
    -Scream "GIMMEEE" and dive for it
    You quickly dive upon the grenade and snatch it off the ground. Your heart stops as you hear something metal hit the floor with a ping.

Luckily it was just Garath knocking over an empty ration tin. Have fun with your new toy.

Originally Posted by Thatfatguy View Post
    Garath will stand up, gathering his weaponry and raising his voice to his comrades.

'Any good loot boys?'
    As you stand you knock over an empty ration tin. You wonder for a moment why the ninja the ninja looks like his life just flashed before his eyes, and what the legionaire is doing on the floor.

Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    seeing shadow dive for the grenade and finding it odd that whomever looted the place just left a grenade lying around, Varia dives the other way, to outside and hopefully safety.

-if nothing happens then i'll go back in and take the flare guns and a bunch ofrations after checking for traps
    -if the grenade goes off and the dust has settled, loot shadow if he's dead, if he's not dead i'll just ask if he's alright
    You dive across the room, putting your hands over your head as you land and wait for the boom.

Which doesn't come.

Shrugging you dust yourself off and go collect some loot.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Apologies chief for the delay - was knocked out with tonsillitis for a day.

Isha stands, turns his head, and spits a glob into the dust. That would be the one and only time he would run.

Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame.

Next time, he would stand. Stand and cleave this new foe in twain. Or fall. A feeling like cinders in his gut were starting to smoulder, lighting the blood in his veins aflame, a death jester's smile curved his lips: this was the kind of foe he hungered to face, the kind of foe that would push him to be the best. No more saps who didn't know blade tip from pommel. A challenge that he would see decapitated, or see himself eviscerated.

But first, sake.

-search for loot, focusing on rations, sake taking priority above all
    -also keep an eye out for any light armour that would be an upgrade
    -cash is a distant fourth - if it's not gleaming and pocketable, no dice
    Note: You already have light armor. Unless you wish to go into battle naked, then I'm going to have to add some penalties and bonuses.

You search for loot and eventually come across a vial of bright green liquid hidden in someone's pillowcase. The vial has a removable top with a hidden needle to inject yourself with should you choose to. Otherwise there are no markings.

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

Wild Card's human voice, marred with electronic growls and scratches pierces the air as the four-legged and the four-armed walked, hitherto in silence.

"Those Simple Solution pricks. What kind of a name is that for a mercenary group anyway?"

They kept walking. This machine body never needed to spit, but the cyberhound did now, hawking up some of the gore from last night.

"We should kill their leaders and use the rest to replenish our numbers."
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    The Vishnu nodded. "It shall be so, Wildcard. Any firearms henceforce found will be strapped or grafted to your body in the name of peace."

*Shrug*.... *DoubleShrug*

The Vishnu stopped... pondered.

"To achieve ultimate peace, we must have ultimate control. Very well deduced, wildcard, we shall see what waits for us at this mercenary group, and when the time is right... we shall... have.. peace."

- Head to the Simple Solution group. Let's see if we can weasel our way in, for peace sake.
    "When the time is right..."

Wild Card spat at that.

"The time is what we make of it. People live, people die, that's life."

The cyberhound squinted up at the Vishnu. So well armed. So cautious.

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."
    "I don't know what that is."
    The cyberhound scowled deeply at the poorly educated Vishnu creature, and decided to take a different tact.

More walking in silence.

"Simple Solution pricks."
    "I would murder every living being, every sentient rock, and every.. toaster... if it brought peace. And these Simple Solution mercenaries will stay the peace out of my way if it comes to it."
    Not sure what to make of this heathen mumbo-jumbo about peace, Wild Card chewed on some stray tendons in his mouth, spitting it out sharply.

You head to the Simple Solutions headquarters, a two story building just a minute's walk into town. Inside you're greeted by a young man in a suit who seems confused but smiles none-the-less as you walk in. "Welcome! Not often we get other mercenary groups here. How can I help you?"

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    “Do ya' feel lucky, punk?”

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, now he was actually curious.

"Well, do you?"

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    well i'll just pretend that didn't happen, go outside and check the barracks.....assuming we had something like that.
    maybe some stuff can be found there

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker

Solus: "Lex has almost single handedly destroyed two of my games"
    DnD podcast with forum members below! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHW...n9QwascLv8gusg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Content with my new toy I'll go see where that guy with the dog went, he seemed to know what he was doing.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scowling at the horrendous lack of sake and evident poor taste in his former comrades taste in alcohol, Isha prowls out of the compound and looks at the legionnaire and ninja.

'Aren't you curious at what hit the company so hard?'

His face twists into a grin.

'Such a strong force won't be satisfied with holing up in one place for long. And they wouldn't expect it. Why not scout out the area after they have gone and find what we can...there is usually a lot of equipment and loot lying on the battlefield...if that appeals to you.'

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garath will stand and look at the other two in the room.

'So, who are you?'

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

In darkest Nightmare, and brightest Dream
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you enjoy the rolls as much as I did.

Well, now he was actually curious.
    "Well, do you?"
    "Um....yes?"

Originally Posted by Lexius87 View Post
    well i'll just pretend that didn't happen, go outside and check the barracks.....assuming we had something like that.
    maybe some stuff can be found there
    Your 'base' consists of one large, albeit somewhat modified, house. There is no other building to check.

You head outside anyway, enjoying the fresh air until your boot catches a rock and you fall flat on your face. As you grumble and pick yourself up you notice something shiny in front of you. As you pick up your prize someone starts to speak to you, you quickly hide the cash and stand up, pretending nothing happened. (You are speaking with Lictor and TFG. Do with that what you will.)

Result: Yay money, +5cp!

Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    Content with my new toy I'll go see where that guy with the dog went, he seemed to know what he was doing.
    With a hop and a skip you head into town, using your expert tracking skill to hunt down your comrades! You end up completely lost in a matter of minutes. While thinking about your current situation you get the strangest feeling that you're being watched. You turn and see a group of young men gathered between a couple buildings, most looking at you without saying anything. You see a few are armed.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Scowling at the horrendous lack of sake and evident poor taste in his former comrades taste in alcohol, Isha prowls out of the compound and looks at the legionnaire and ninja.

'Aren't you curious at what hit the company so hard?'

His face twists into a grin.

'Such a strong force won't be satisfied with holing up in one place for long. And they wouldn't expect it. Why not scout out the area after they have gone and find what we can...there is usually a lot of equipment and loot lying on the battlefield...if that appeals to you.'
    You watch the ninja run off into town, and hope that you did not in fact see a grenade in his hand...

You find the legionaire outside, laying prone as she examines something in her hands. As you speak she quickly hides that something in her pocket and stands to face you. Soon after one of the surviving vishnu comes out to greet you. (You are speaking with Lex and TFG)

Originally Posted by Thatfatguy View Post
    Garath will stand and look at the other two in the room.

'So, who are you?'
    The ninja runs off into town, grenade in hand. The legionaire heads outside and you soon hear the familiar crash of armor hitting the ground. Peeking outside you notice she's fine, and another of your comrades is speaking with her (You are speaking with Lictor and Lex)

The day will not save them. And we own the night.

Arch:
    If hope were short buses we could drive straight to the special olympics.

Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Casually start going back to where I came from, act totally normal, then take a few random turns and such to try and loose these guys... lest I need to throw my new toy away so soon.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Well, peace on my friend. We're looking for work, do you have any?"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    “If a person is confident enough in the way they feel, whether it's an art form or whether it's just in life, it comes off---you don't have anything to prove; you can just be who you are.”

The Cyberhound prowls past the boy, growling into his ear.

"And you're not lucky."

-Enter the HQ

Post Thanks / Like
    “If a person is confident enough in the way they feel, whether it's an art form or whether it's just in life, it comes off---you don't have anything to prove; you can just be who you are.”

The Cyberhound prowls past the boy, growling into his ear.

"And you're not lucky."
    OOC: This is going to be one of those games where we either burn bright like a star... or just end up getting too close to one.

Last edited by Solus; 17th July 2017 at 14:53.

Formerly Silas

Not as fat as advertised Thatfatguy's Avatar
    Pitsea, Essex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Lexius87 , @Psychedelic Lictor

Garath will head out, making sure his weapons are stowed but ready, and raise a hand in greetings.

'Good day fellows, can you point me to the good fight?'

When you get a job you don't complete your challenge, when you don't complete your challenge you get punished.

Damn you EB!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OOC: This is going to be one of those games where we either burn bright like a star... or just end up getting to close to one.
    This is MMR, nut up lad

Post Thanks / Like
    This is MMR, nut up lad
    I'm flattered, but I don't want to ruin our friendship

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isha nods to the lady and sir before him, 'Power is found at the tip of a blade, honour is found in the arm that chooses when and how to wield it, and respect is found at the end of a barrel of sake, toasting those who have died the best way how. The power we faced is not in question, but their honour is, and there are still 45 spirits who need commending.'

He turns on his heel and strides in the direction of the battlefield, alone or otherwise.

And if he happened along one of this new powerful foes to test his mettle, then all the better. Become the best, or feed the worms: life was a simple thing for a soldier.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.