Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So to confirm because I can't remember our exact discussion, Balder is now basically an Eldar Primarch Dreadnaught of death and plasma? With a claymore, of course XD

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    Also you forgot to select your starting Army units.
    Fixed!

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    I can't remember our exact discussion
    Neither can I, but I do remember something about an Eldar Dreadnought Primarch... but I think we'll have you be just a lame old normal Primarch with plasma hands, for balance if anything.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Fixed!
    Excellent! Now choose 2 allies from this list:

1. Luna Wolves Kill Team 9/0/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty) Stealth Specialty
    2. House Taranis of Mars 9/5/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    3. Grand Batallion Shon'tu, Iron Warriors Legion 9/7/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty) Siege Specialty
    4. The Guns of Freedom, Alpha Legion Cell 5/5/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty) Stealth Specialty

I will be updating the unit list with specialties later this week, to better highlight what they excel at. If you need to know what specialty the unit has right now, you can just ask.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Le Roy read the message in disbelief.
    Just when he was moulding the 736th into the fighting machine he wanted, he had to split it up....give some (hah, SOME, more like half!) to the new 801st.

There were two saving graces to all this. First he could chose the units to retain, and second the one's left would be serving under Lord Commander Pablo Alba. They'd known each other at the Academy, Alba had been one of Le Roy's few friends at their due to similar backgrounds, gone in different directions in the name of The Emperor and lost touch. Now they would serve, if not together, then at least potentially close by (if your definition of close by was within several million miles of each other).

Le Roy read and re-read his choices, then penned the following note to be given to each unit commander at their next (and final) fleet conference:

"I am sure the usual rumour mill has been doing the rounds recently regarding the 736th ExF.
    Well I can now inform you of the true position.
    We are being split up, albeit only into two.
    The following units will remain with me in the 736th:
    3rd Opridian Armour
    73rd Opridian Rifles
    13th Opridian Infantry
    2nd Opridian Heavies
    7th Opridian Armour
    Honus Squad

The remainder of the fleet will be transferred to the 801st under LC Pablo Alba.

I have known LC Alba since the Academy, and I know he will treat you all with the same level of care and dedication to your well being that I have tried to do. I also know that you will show him the same levels of bravery and commitment to the Crusades you have shown to me, the 736th in general and The Emperor.

Arrangements will be made for the transfers to the 801st, but before you go I want to thank each and everyone one of you departing the 736th for your service and valour in the name of The Emperor.

For those remaining with the 736th, you retain my utmost confidence in your abilities and it will be business as usual once the 736th has been split. Training, training and more training, possibly interrupted by the occasional mission to reclaim human worlds from tyranny or xeno rule.

LC Braxton Le Roy..."

Last edited by Gary M; 10th April 2018 at 10:31.

Post Thanks / Like
    While the arrangements for the transfer of units was well underway, Le Roy took the opportunity to meet Alba once again.

As he strode on to the bridge of Alba's flagship, he instantly recognised the Lord Commander.

Stocky, to the point of being a bull of a man, with a face that looked the phrase "F£$! off!" without saying a word. Short cropped hair, goatee beard, he was hunched over a desk barking out orders. Yet despite that, a man who saw caring for the weak not a chore but a duty, had a strong sense of fairness but was very independent when to came to following regulations.

Le Roy waited a few moments until there was something close to a lull in proceedings, coughed and said "Lord Commander...."

Alba looked up with the deepest of frowns, and was obviously about to give some poor unfortunate a severe tongue lashing but held himself in check and then smiled. "Le Roy, you old bastard, how are you? Have you seen the crap they've given me? If you've had anything to do with this...."

Le Roy bowed and smiled also, "I see you learned from your mistake at the Academy and looked before you let your mouth run away with you. Remind me what was the punishment for the mouthful you gave the Lord Provost Marshall when you had your back to him? And what do you mean "they've given you"? I chose them myself just to annoy you!!"

With a roaring laugh, Alba motioned to his subordinates "You know what to do and where they need to go. Make sure it's done in time. I've got an old friend here who owes me a drink or three. 'Deep pockets Le Roy' was renowned in our year group!"

"I think that particular sobriquet was earned by someone a little closer to home!"

Smiling they left the bridge. "So Alba, you are taking half my fleet. Orders from on high I understand. They're all good units and will do well for you. If I know you, you'll get them to a higher standard than I managed. Remember our wargames at the Academy?"

"Ah yes, you the defensive one, me the aggressive one. When you played your usual game, I won. But it wasn't all one way traffic was it?"

"No, you taught me more than the instructors that the unexpected is more dangerous"

As they entered the ships mess, the few there all stood "At ease, carry on. We are here in private, not officially. Carry on"

"Now about those drinks..."

Post Thanks / Like
    you are no longer allowed to hoard non-Space Marine units, but must take them on as official allies. You may only pick 1
    OOC: Father, why have you forsaken me?

Burning Stars Titan Legion, Grandmaster Titus Vatinius commands 10/10/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty)

Being forced to give up my assassin and taking a nerf bat to the nuts...

*Solus will remember this

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    *Solus will remember this

@Gary M , well done

But your army exceeds the Army limit. Note that the Heavy and Armor regiments have a size value of 2 as opposed to 1...

I get that some of you might not be too happy about the splitting of your units, but I'm keen to keeping unit numbers low to maintain the relationship-based game we're going to have. It'll be hard to keep track of everyone with gargantuan army lists. Solus' army is cleared and has been added to the game thread's first post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm still interested. Too late to sign up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    Go ahead mate, sorry I forgot about you >_<

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gaston Bellevue had always been a man of grit and determination. As a child, the Iron Warriors had purged his homeworld of Graia of the Ork menace, and Bellevue had looked up to the Astartes as a model ever since. After joining the Imperial Army as soon as he could, he began a slow climb to the upper ranks. His mission efficiency was excellent, his discipline superb, and his conduct exemplary. It was only a matter of time before he would be assigned a station. Or, in his case, stations.

Along with his newly-given commission as Lord Commander, with the Emperor's own signature at the bottom, Bellevue was given command of the Tamiat Defense Line, a force designed to take any attack that might come its' way, protecting the entryway to the recently-named Hyrule Sector. Though the fleet was small, Bellevue was pleased to see his orders paralleled his inspiration's mission: Hold at All Costs.

Mortality of Mourning - Flagship(station?)
    Red Bane
    Destroyer of Darkness

To crew the stations and act as a mobile reaction force, Bellevue was given strategic command of the 5th and 6th Vale Mechanized Regiments, along with the 7th Elysian Drop Troopers.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaaand allied additions absinded and amended accordingly...avast ye!

No more coffee for me.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like

@Gary M , well done

But your army exceeds the Army limit. Note that the Heavy and Armor regiments have a size value of 2 as opposed to 1...

I get that some of you might not be too happy about the splitting of your units, but I'm keen to keeping unit numbers low to maintain the relationship-based game we're going to have. It'll be hard to keep track of everyone with gargantuan army lists. Solus' army is cleared and has been added to the game thread's first post.
    Apologies - I didn't notice that bit. I've edited one of my posts to show what I am keeping - I think that makes 9!

In terms of the reaction - Role playing only. Personally whatever keeps it easier for you to manage / run the game is fine by me. I didn't think a Lord Commander would be happy about splitting his fleet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Tamiat Defense Line
    In this game, we play as Expeditionary Fleets in the Great Crusade, going from planet to planet to expand the Imperium's borders. The idea of a defensive fleet is interesting though, so I'd be willing to consider running a special 'Deep Space 9' storyline for you if you want where you essentially manage a crucial area of space. Would that be what you're interested in?

Either way, your forces have been added to the game thread. Welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    amended
    You're good to go! Please await next update.

Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    reaction
    I know that.. just wanted to make my position heard

However! I also noticed that the remainder of your forces are also over the Army limit by 2. I'll let you choose which ones to give to Alba, and I'll take the remainder and put it in the recruitment pool for new players.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Expeditionary Fleets
    I know. My thought was in-game Bellevue is moved from place to place as needs demand. I forget exactly how mobile Star Forts are, but they should be mobile enough (albeit slow), to get where they need to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bellevue is moved from place to place as needs demand.
    Glad you cleared that up! Now, select the 2 allied forces that will follow you on the Great Crusade!

1. 9th Eldar Protectorate Grav Division 7/0/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    2. Masque of the Twisted Path (Eldar Harlequins) 9/9/0 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    3. Illanor, Eldar Farseer 6/7/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty) PSYKER
    4. Fire Claws Space Marine Chapter, Dark Angels Legion 9/9/10 (Attack, Defense, Loyalty)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9th Eldar Protectorate Grav
    AND
    SPAHSSS MARINEZ

Post Thanks / Like
    However! I also noticed that the remainder of your forces are also over the Army limit by 2. I'll let you choose which ones to give to Alba, and I'll take the remainder and put it in the recruitment pool for new players.
    Damn. Read the allocation wrong - Thought it was 9 plus allies.

Armour x 2 = 4
    Heavies = 2
    Rifles = 1
    Infantry = 1
    Honus Squad = 1
    = 9

Drop the Heavies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    Armour x 2 = 4
    Heavies = 2
    Rifles = 1
    Infantry = 1
    Honus Squad = 1
    = 9
    No no, your main force is good to go. I'm referring to the new Fleet, the 801st. These are their units:

Units
    5th Penal Legion (Infantry), Colonel Benji Vakha commands. 1/6/5/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    1st Psy Brigade, Commander Radoslav Prospero commands. 1/7/7/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    4th Collective Cavalry, Commander Bonnie Svarog commands. 1/7/6/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    4th Brimlock Dragoons, Commander Halfar Gamgee commands.1/7/6/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    1st Curilian Braves, Commander Amatus Kwesi commands. 1/6/6/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    1st Solean Guerillas, Commander Berenike Purnima commands. 1/6/5/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    5th Solean Mechanized, Commander Efraín Catharina commands. 1/7/6/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    1st Attilan Rough Riders, Clan Leader Magyar Zamor commands. 1/7/6/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    2nd Vale Infantry, Commander Jaana Liese commands. 1/7/7/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    1st Vale Lt. Infantry, Commander Gabr Kornel commands. 1/7/5/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    4th Vale Heavies (Heavy Infantry)Commander Mei Alys commands. 2/8/4/10 (Unit Size, Attack, Defense, Loyalty)
    That's a total of 12 in unit size. You need to whittle it down to 9.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, my bad for not realising it was the 801st!

Been away for a couple of days, hence delay in replying.
    Please drop the following from the 801st:
    5th Penal Legion
    1st Curilian Braves
    1st Attilan Rough Riders

Think that should do it.