Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    II
    The Book of Gold

THREE

The cold winds rake the foothills of what remains of the Arcadian Empire as son buries father. The old fool who calls himself "Emperor" is now dead. With Konrad now gone, Luther would soon be expected to assume the crown. I keep my face sympathetic as me and my courtiers shower the required words gestures and nods as Konrad was laid to whatever rest these Arcadians believe in.

I could have arrested Luther in the Golden Court when news of his father's death reached us, but perhaps that would not be necessary. It is clear as day that while I have condescended to attend the funeral of a supposed equal, refusal to submit the Arcadian Empire to mine will result in war and defeat. If Luther chooses to fight, his lords may revolt. There was no need to sully my prestige by acting in an untoward manner.

Luther Jarvis Pandar, now Emperor of Arcadia, will have 3 days to submit his lands to me. Failure to do so will see his cities destroyed one by one. I hope he does choose the path of resistance. I do love it when the weak think they can challenge the strength the Golden Army. Rebellions are so quaint.

One week has passed. Luther Jarvis Pandar has been crowned as Emperor and has sent no messenger to the Golden Court. No concessions were made and no official decree has been delivered in regards to the future of the Arcadian Empire. Excellent! A new war for my battle-starved Golden Army! My war-hawks have been sent to every corner of the Empire, calling for all vassal lords to bring their soldiers to the Golden Court.

On the eighth day, an Arcadian emissary arrives. A declaration of war! Ha! An amusing notion from these weak fools. To think they would be the one to strike first. Most amusing. The messenger's tongue was sent back to Luther. I kept the rest. I needed a new keg anyway. Skull cups are so last century.

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    (Is anyone still doing this?)

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.