Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling an 18 DrakonTheNightLord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Master of Mankind

The Sword of the Light Bringer will destroy the Empire.
    The Book of the Golden Man will ignite the heart of the City.
    The Goddess of the Sun foretells famine.

The Saulė burned. The atmosphere shrieked at its arrival, and clawed at it with fiery tendrils. The world was doomed. Their desperate attempts to stop the collision has failed utterly. There was nowhere to run.

The cataclysm when the Saulė struck the planet's core annihilated all life, the birth of a new star utterly destroying the planet and leaving it a grave. By the time the relief fleet arrived, there was nothing left but a fresh asteroid field where the world used to be.

Various comments were made by explorator vessels on the shape of the asteroid field. Thousands upon thousands of star-fragments arrayed in the shape of an 8-pointed star.

General 40 - Primarch Balder

Protectors Legion

Expeditionary Fleets

Ally

Warships

Psychedelic Lictor - Lord Commander Myron Rothos

Warships

861st Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Allies

Solus - Primarch Mephistopheles

Light Bearers Legion

Expeditionary Fleets

Ally

Warships

theonelogician - Lord Commander Gaston Bellevue

Warships

Tamiat Defense Line

Allies

Gary M - Lord Commander Braxton Le Roy

Warships

836th Expeditionary Fleet

Allies

Expeditionary Fleets

Bear Island knows no Kim but the Kim in the North, whose name is Jong Un.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Some game updates will be partial, with some players getting an update earlier (first come first serve) and some later. This allows me to deal with writing burnout and just generally cut down updates into better bite-sized chunks. The story will be roughly grouped into phases of campaign and resupply. I will cut off campaigns prematurely if I feel like its taking too long, and immediately shunt players into the resupply phase to catch up on news about the Imperium at large, and take on new missions. This is done to keep the game from dragging through a single campaign as we need to keep the story moving at a good pace.

ONE
    Saulė

@General 40 - Protectors Legion

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3. Take the conservative approach. Run scans on the shattered remains, but don't commit to a ground expedition just yet.

"My new friends, if we simply run every time we see chaos involvment, what hope do we have of ultimately defeating the ancient foe?" Balder turned from the Eldar advisors and began scans, not that he expected to find a giant "trap here" sign, but who knew? Any lesser being might turn and run, but if history had taught anything, it was that the Protector's legion didn't know how to back off from a fight.

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @Psychedelic Lictor - 861st Expeditionary Fleet Ground Forces

Spoiler

@Solus - Light Bearers Legion

Spoiler

@theonelogician - Tamiat Defense Line

Spoiler

@Gary M - 836th Expeditionary Fleet

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    3. You'll deal with this yourself. You are after all, the more subtle one.

"Perhaps, brother, it is something to be wary of. However, being a co-sponsor of the issue in question, I feel it is my duty to root out the truth of the matter. It would not be well to assault a brother from multiple angles when perhaps a more subtle approach can ascertain the information we need."

Mephistopheles smiled and poured his brother another glass. "But, i'm sure it is nothing to fret about. We'll know soon enough."

- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -

Me: "Moon of my Life."
    Sneggy: "Say it in Dothraki or don't bother at all."

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

BAH! Gaming Tabletop Podcasts
    Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2. Nothing gets past.

"The final gasp of the Orks approaches us! They have fought against our glorious Emperor too many times to be allowed to live."

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Primarch Fulgrim's Emperor's Children Legion are nearby, and with your blessing, would like to help you with your campaign.

'Trust the 861st to bring tanks to a tunnel fight.' Rothos smiled grimly, cigar stub wedged firmly in the corner of his mouth as he glowered at the holo-viewer. The room was stock-still; those present waited with bated breath. Rothos' gaze flicked to the transmission-reader put to one side on his desk. It would be churlish to turn aside such aid, and the education for the men may prove to be invaluable.

When the cigar slid to the other corner, the officers present stood up even straighter, expectantly.

'Rezna, hail Primarch Fulgrim's legion and patch me through at their earliest convenience,' his gaze moved amongst the faces of his officers calling several forward, 'Gaspar, Murtada, Cicero: ready the Lagan 7th, 1st, and the 13th. Meyner, inform the Captain we will be approaching and likely to encounter heat. Well, don't just stand there ladies and gentlemen, the Emperor's light isn't going to spontaneously pour from your rear orifices. You'll find lances, las, and shells far more amenable.'

Boots pounded in all directions as the command deck of the Divine Right burst into action. Rothos stood still and overseeing it all, taking a drag with a hint of a smile on his lips.

Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    "My Lord, as this is The Emperors wish, the 836th will do its best to comply, or die in the attempt."

Option 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    3. Take the conservative approach. Run scans on the shattered remains, but don't commit to a ground expedition just yet.

Spoiler

Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    3. You'll deal with this yourself. You are after all, the more subtle one.

Spoiler

Next update: Will the Tamiat Defense Line hold? Can the 836th fulfill the Sigilite's mission? Can Fulgrim get any prettier? Find out, in the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "The Librarius are a tempting option to send in, but I fear sending psykers may only exasperate the issues we may face here, Franz you may proceed, but know this, we are no longer able to be the heroes we once strove to be, if heresy is discovered..." the Primarch's face darkened "suffer not the heretic to live."

"My Lord! We're surrounded!!"
    "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction"

sneggy: no one is ever really the same
    DrakonTheNightLord: This fucking post... priceless
    GrrHero: General 40 and Draken are reason enough to play this game. You guys are hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    "They are most impressive." Mephistopheles watched the debris float lazily through space from the destroyed targets. "A force to be reckoned with and one that will be used to destroy our enemies no doubt."

A sly smile touched his lip and he shapeshifted his voicebox to subtly change the vibrations in his vocal chords to make his voice smoother, calmer... the voice of someone who knows.. He turned to face Magnus directly.

"But come now, brother. Surely this can't be all. Impressive as these missiles are, i'm sure you have something bigger up those sleeves of yours?"

3. Interesting, but it's not exactly your most ambitious project, isn't it, Magnus?

Architech: "You ARE more prone to kill fictional characters than me. On the spectrum you're George RR Martin and I'm Seuss"

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    2. Nothing gets past.

Spoiler

IMPERIAL BULLETIN
    (For all players)

NEW JERUSALEM - The Imperial Senate has passed the Commercial Arms Industry Act, legalizing all corporate companies outside the Sol System and allowing Governors to place orders on any military equipment they need, provided that they can pay for it. The Act has come into force after heated debate and widespread criticism from the High Lords of Terra.

While the Imperium at large is gearing up for a thousand years of peace as the Emperor retires from the Great Crusade, the Throneworld is anything but peaceful as the Emperor has secluded himself from the public shortly after his return parade, leaving the High Lords to squabble and jockey for power. The Commercial Arms Industry Act is seen as a major coup for the Senate, the elected representatives of the people, and a stinging blow to the Martian Mechanicum.

"This will not end well," said Fabricator-General Kelbor-Hal, who was seen literally fuming as the Act was passed into law. "What happened to the Sacred Compact between Terra and Mars? Surely the people must realize that by outsourcing production of military equipment to second-rate companies, Imperial forces at the front will suffer?

"This cannot end well. This will not end well. In fact, this can only end in tears."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Give the Douglasses to the 1st Attilans. Because air-dropping hose cavalry will always go well.

14. Like DrakonTheNightLord liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    1. Primarch Fulgrim's Emperor's Children Legion are nearby, and with your blessing, would like to help you with your campaign.

Spoiler

Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    "My Lord, as this is The Emperors wish, the 836th will do its best to comply, or die in the attempt."

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    The Navigators had found what he was looking for, an uninhabited system.

"This is where we wait. They will come this way and we will finish the orks, capturing their commanders as ordered."

"Fleet, this is The Lord Commander. We are going to ambush the orks.
    We have been ordered directly by Malcador The Sigilite to complete this mission.
    The fleet will engage the orks as they flee Ullanor, disabling their ships.
    The troops will then board these.
    Any greenskin found is to be killed with extreme prejudice. The ONLY exception being the leaders.
    You all know that orks can take a LOT of punishment before they go down, and they only respect strength and brute force. I don't care how limbs you have to sever from an ork boss to bring it under control, just bring it in alive.
    Go in hard, hit hard and show these greenskin scum they do not trouble humanity.
    You have my highest confidence in your abilities to succeed in this mission.
    Go and prepare your weapons.
    Your officers will brief your units with specific details."
    He cut off the transmission.

Turning to Zachriel, "My friend, I must ask for your finest to seek out the warboss. We will know his ship when we see it. That will be the main focus of our attack. As you know Malcador has asked for the ork leaders alive. Damage them, maim them, just keep them alive for him."

"Hmmm, killing an ork is the easy part. Hurting one enough to capture it....an interesting challenge, but one I and my fellow Dark Angels accept. The Emperors will be done"

Option 1.

Bacon Fondler Psychedelic Lictor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rothos managed to catch himself, his jaw nearly going slack and his cigar at risk of slipping out onto the floor in the presence of a true son of the holy Emperor.

Taking a moment to compose himself, it was with reluctant relief he noticed many of his officers present were caught under the same spell.

'Your words are generous, my Lord Fulgrim, but the 861st are a keen and ready blade that only work to reflect the glory of the holy Emperor.

'By your leave, my lord, the 861st would meet the most venerable Emperor's Children after a display of surgical Imperial might, to catch these unbelievers between your mailed fist and our guns. What say you?'

Option 2.

Last edited by Psychedelic Lictor; 25th April 2018 at 14:44.
    Ham and eggs: a day's work for a chicken; a lifetime's commitment for a pig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by General 40 View Post
    "The Librarius are a tempting option to send in, but I fear sending psykers may only exasperate the issues we may face here, Franz you may proceed, but know this, we are no longer able to be the heroes we once strove to be, if heresy is discovered..." the Primarch's face darkened "suffer not the heretic to live."

Spoiler

3. Interesting, but it's not exactly your most ambitious project, isn't it, Magnus?

Spoiler

Originally Posted by theonelogician View Post
    Give the Douglasses to the 1st Attilans. Because air-dropping hose cavalry will always go well.

Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like
    3. "Impressive. Well, I'll leave you to perfect your art..."

Originally Posted by DrakonTheNightLord View Post
    Balder
    OOC: Warp energy is messing with this dude...

"The possibilities are nearly endless, Brother. I can only imagine what else lies beyond those gates. Perhaps our key to victory.. perhaps our doom?" Mephistopheles smiled broadly at this, but internally his guts twisted and his heart hardened towards his brother.

"I would appreciate you keeping me informed on this, Magnus? I might be able to make use of it in the near future should certain events come to pass." He clapped the cyclops on the shoulder with a metallic THUD, grinned and with one last look at the warp gate, strode back to his ship.

He had some thinking to do.

Formerly Silas

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OOC
    Fake news - I would never make such a horrendous naming mistake, this is very irresponsible, very bad reporting. The mainstream media is out on a WITCH HUNT spreading FAKE NEWS but the good American public are wise enough not to listen to them!

The warp is 100% CLEAN and SAFE energy, and will not harm our planet! Clean warp energy will give honest Americans jobs and restore the economy, and more importantly, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Many liberals will deny it and fight it in the senate - many such cases, SAD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Gary M View Post
    Option 1.

Spoiler