Post Thanks / Like

For real this time...

Okay, so after years of on again off again interest since 3rd edition, I知 finally getting serious about this 40k thing. I知 kind of a one trick pony tactics-wise. Standard gun line with fast attack and elites to beat back anything that pesters the massed volleys of bolter rounds. I was going to go IG a la Mordians, then I was really into fluff-compatible AdMech but NO VEHICLES?!...Omnissiah help us! So seeing as Iron Hands have close ties with AdMech I知 going with Iron Hands. B - Iron Hands, Final Answer, Regis. <- remember that show? :p

Anyway I知 thinking HQ and 2 troops. I was going to combine the chaplain from the 都pace marine heroes 2-character box, and some parts from the IG Tech-Priest Enginseer (mechadendrites, hoses, axe, and that neat servo-skull). That would give me my Iron Father, and then the left over termie from the hero box could serve as my Iron Captain in terminator armor.

Two tactical squads for troops. Now these new Primaris guys, the Dark Millennium box gives me the impression you only need 5 of these guys to fill a squad which would makes sense with their 創ewer better stronger fluff backstory. Also they just look cooler. So if I知 doing Tactical Squads, do I only need 5 Primaris or do I need 10 Primaris? Cause regular marines may not look as cool, but it壇 be cheaper since its 70 bucks for 10 primes or only 40 bucks for regulars. So which do I need at minimum - 5 primes or 10 primes to count as a squad?

My plan was to get my HQ with command squad, 2 Tactical Squads and just play about 10 games or so and then see what my army needs after that.

So if it痴 only 5 primes to a squad, then I知 probably just get the Dark Millennium set since it would give me my starter list plus tons more. Or if its 10 primes to a squad, then I値l just stick with regular marines and buy stuff individually since it would come out cheaper.

So which is it 5 primes or 10 primes to a squad? Also does Iron Hands have their own Codex yet, I know there was a Clan Raukkan codex supplement a few editions back. So does Iron Hands have their own yet, or do they just use regular SM codex? And is the Iron Hands Upgrade bitz pack compatible with Primes or just regulars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Primaris Intersessors are 5-10 in a unit. Dark Impierium has fixed weapons, but they're pretty good ones. Iron Hands don't have their own book at the moment, They just use Codex Space Marines.
    Space Marine Tacticals are also 5-10.