Post Thanks / Like

1500 pts space marines [tournament]

HQ:
    Master of Sanctity with Crozius, power fist and term. honours
    Master of Sanctity with Crozius, power fist, term. honours and jump pack.

Troops:
    Tactical Squad: 9 marines, meltagun, flamer, sgt with PF, rhino with smoke launchers and dozer blades
    Tactical Squad: 10 marines, meltagun, flamer, sgt with PF, rhino with smoke launchers
    Tactical Squad: 10 marines, meltagun, flamer, sgt with PF, rhino with smoke launchers

Fast Attack:
    Assault Squad: 10 assault marines, sgt with PF
    Land speeder tornado with multi-melta and heavy flamer

Heavy Support:
    Vindicator with Power of the machine spirit and smoke

Total: 1500

Okay, this is for a tourny that's coming up. I will be facing all kinds of stuff, but the two best players both play daemons with 3 or 4 MC's so thats why I put the fists on the chappys, because sergeants only have two attacks now.

Angels of Dawn space marines: 15/4/11
    Win/Draw/Loss

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1500 pts space marines [tournament]

I really only have two suggstions:

1) try to get Extra armor on that vindicator, EA is probably the most valuable upgrade for any Imperial tank

2) drop the Powerfists from your Chaplains(unless they are modelled already). This really isn't smart since Space Marine Characters come with high Initiative so the Powerfist really wastes it, and they always strike last so he may not even get to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

The list looks pretty solid.

Much like shotcoder, I dislike the power fists on the chaplains. I would definitely drop the Power Fist off of the Jump Pack chappy and give him a bolt pistol instead. You already have a Sergeant w/ PF in the squad he will be attached to, and his high initiative would be utterly wasted.

If you want to keep the Power Fist on the other Chaplain, I would suggest upgrading it to a Thunder Hammer instead. Knocking those evil MC's down to initiative one for a turn will give you a shot of at least wounding it before it can tear through your men second assault turn.

I would definitely recommend finding the points to slap Extra Armor on all your rhinos and vindicator. It is so worth the small investment of points to be able to keep moving when stunned, especially since your whole force is mobile. Stunned/Immobilized Rhinos = you lose.

Vindicator is solid. Drop smoke, grab extra armor. The only time you will be popping smoke is if that cannon is destroyed. And honestly, if that cannon gets destroyed I would use the armor 13 to ram some tasty vehicles.

5000pt Ultramarines: 37/11/11
    3500pt Orks: 15/0/7
    1500pt 173rd Cadian Guard: 2/2/1
    1250pt High Elves: 0/0/0 (In the works)
    ---------------------------------------
    Recent Battle: 1750 Orks (W) vs. 1750 Eldar, Capture and Control. Won 2-0
    Currently Painting: Ultramarines Drop Pod #1

Post Thanks / Like

Not only are powerfists on chaplains a bad idea becuase it wastes their initiative, now it takes away the attack for 2 CC weapons because they carry both a Crozius and a powerfist. Take a Thunderhammer. While it won't give you an extra attack, it does give you that chance agaisnt the MC the next round of assault, as said before. Also, what traits did you take? I'm guessing Cleanse and Purify because of the flamer and melta gun. What else?

You're a little light on AT, unless you plan the run your meltaguns and PFs up to the vehicles which is iffy at best. Especially with the new vehcile damage chart. A melta, while still pretty deadly, no longer auto penetrates. Also, you have to be up close and personal to him to use those options, not always the best idea.

My mod voice is green.
    If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about my moderating, please PM me.
    Dr. Manfredel is wrong. That kind of thinking is never justified.
    http://www.40kforums.com/vb/showthread.php/7722-Sharp-s-Stuff-Bikers-3-31-12
    Watch me play games badly!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually TH or PF is a waste. Many MCs, walkers etc will instagib your Chaplin. You should consider just keeping the croz or going with twin LC for reroll of wounds. have your sergeants deal with MC's they are essentially 10 wound power fists. Use your chars on softer targets like troops where their high I will let them take out half the combatants before they strike.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by SlappyWhite
    have your sergeants deal with MC's they are essentially 10 wound power fists.
    Not exactly anymore with 5th edition out. New wound allocation takes this down a notch or two.

Are there still another 9 wounds besides the sergeant? Yes
    If your opponent deals 10+ wounds to your squad, can your sergeant die before anyone else? Yes

Not the ridiculous insurance policy against CC that we used to have.

5000pt Ultramarines: 37/11/11
    3500pt Orks: 15/0/7
    1500pt 173rd Cadian Guard: 2/2/1
    1250pt High Elves: 0/0/0 (In the works)
    Recent Battle: 1750 Orks (W) vs. 1750 Eldar, Capture and Control. Won 2-0
    Currently Painting: Ultramarines Drop Pod #1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

true but its still better then a individually targetable instagibable IC.