Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to finish my cadians, but I'm stuck on the faces. I'm pretty noobish with paints but I'm getting better. I use all citadel paints. From what I've read so far I was thinking of a white base with cadian fleshtone. My only issue is the eyes, that's a tiny spot that needs detail and I like my models looking presentable even up close. How do I color the eyes and shade the face? I'm still pretty new at shades, wverything else I'm doom pretty well with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There are a couple of excellent tutorials available that deal specifically with painting faces. 'Eavy Metal has two that I refer to all the time here and here. There's another great tutorial here by Jennifer Haley, with a particular focus on eyes and hair. Massive Voodoo also has some decent guides to faces here and here, and another guide just for eyes here.

Of course, all of these may be a lot more than you're looking for, considering how many individual models you're likely to have in an IG army, but the techniques are sound and can usually be scaled back for simpler models.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently painting a Valkyrie and I wanted to do the effect of rust/ engine exhaust dirt on the engines on top and was wondering how I could go about doing it? I use citadel paints if that helps. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ryza Rust is a good rust effect. Its a drybrush technical paint, just drybrush it on. I find it a little bit bright so tend to give it a thin wash down with Agraz Earthshade to make it a bit dirtier.

As for Exhaust dirt, again a technical paint is the answer, I would use Typhus Corrosion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so.

Cherry blossoms, for the Citadel Forest or Treemen/Dryads

I've scoured the internet, but apparently my google fu is just too weak - I simply can't find a decent way of simulating pink-ish flowers.

Any tips?

I found a promising alternative here: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27302
    but nowhere does the guy actually mention what he used for the blossoms/flowers.

New member? Please read the Forum Rules and check out the FAQ
    Painting blog - Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ - Last: Weeks 2-5 - Stormcasts, Terrain and KHORNE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Have you thought about perhaps small clumps of decent snow flock (like Woodland Scenics) that you've stained pink? Then you just glue them on and cover with petals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Enigmacookie View Post
    Okay, so.

I've scoured the internet, but apparently my google fu is just too weak - I simply can't find a decent way of simulating pink-ish flowers.

Any tips?

I found a promising alternative here: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27302
    but nowhere does the guy actually mention what he used for the blossoms/flowers.
    Here you go my brotha!

http://www.greatescapegames.co.uk/ba...1/flowers.html

Originally Posted by Thatfatguy View Post
    If you have a 8 foot Armour Clad Killing Machine coming towards you holding a Small Cannon with one hand, a Giant Glowing Lightningy Club in the other, covered in Black and Gold, well, a skull head isn't particularly gonna make you more, shit your pants scared, than you already are
    Originally Posted by Psychedelic Lictor View Post
    Mean lookin' mutha...makes me think he's pounding away to Megadeth or something similar; or ya know, Aqua.

8. Thanks Enigmacookie thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by foxbissett View Post
    Thanks, put in a few orders.
    We'll see how well this works!

New member? Please read the Forum Rules and check out the FAQ
    Painting blog - Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ - Last: Weeks 2-5 - Stormcasts, Terrain and KHORNE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Enigmacookie View Post
    Okay, so.

Any tips?

Take a dry (very dry, not even soft in the middle), brightly colored sponge, and a cheese grater. Very lightly run the sponge over the grater (too hard or too fast and the finished product comes out big and clumpy) until you have enough of what is essentially now brightly colored flock. Glue bits here and there, wherever you want flowers to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed^

other than that, maybe tiny fake buds from like hobby shops...We used to buy sprigs of stuff that was made to be 1:1 for like...floral arts and crafts, but use sprigs as trees for our models in school. You could get stuff like that, but...the scale might be off.

-Admin-

LastChancer: "Arch, you are my hero"
    Lemartes: "Arch is truth"

Bah! Tabletop Podcasts: Arch DMs some 5th Edition DnD and Other Gaming too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Seems like as good a spot to leave this as any.